Closed Thread
Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1071
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love reading you guys are all doing so well... Im starting a fresh cycle!
    First scan Monday... fingers xd in 30weeks I'll be having the same dilemmas as you all ... hehe... Can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear from you @Tanej78 and best of luck this cycle. SEnding you lots of baby dust and please keep us up to date. I like to think that this thread gives out good luck Hope you see lots of nice follies on Monday! x
    @Minib those fish cakes sound delicious!! What curry paste brand do you use? i may try them out It sounds like your weight gain is right on track. I was 12 kg at 26 weeks which was pretty high! i got my towel at Melbourne Warehouse Sales. They pop up all over melbourne. At the moment they have a big store open in Doveton. Not sure if that's too far for you... a bit far for me. But they do 30% off Bubba Blue.
    I bet your excited to see your daughter next week again oh and yes i was nervous about GD test too. As you probably remember :P But it is quite rare to get GD and if it doesn't run in your family you have a good chance that you won't have it.
    @bbhope - you've gained less than me then. I've gained 13 kg so far. Yeh my belly is quite big. I'm measuring 1 week ahead so it's starting to level out but at ultrasound bub is always ahead. I might ask OB for a growth ultrasound now just for peace of mind. Make sure bub is growing ok. oh and i got my whooping cough vaccination as well. Another thing done My mum, dad, father in law and dh all have had it now. I will also get my grand parents to get it.

i wouldn't worry about stomach size @bbhope. You are getting bub measured every ob visit so all good. everyone's belly is a different size.
    Last edited by Gelati; 20-08-2015 at 21:43.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78: good luck for the cycle!!!!!! Hope to see u delivering the good news here.
    @Gelati: most of my weight was gained in first trimester! Stupid steroid. I am losing and Bub is growing so balancing out ATM. Bub was measured ahead during my first trimester. OB is actually more concerned about Bub stomach size because the first one he did 4w ago was a lot behind than the head size. The last scan was just a bit behind so no concern. Perhaps his stomach growth is catching up.
    @Minib: my friend gave me the left over herbal leaves. The one Asian people use to bath. Omg. I didn't know that u can get it here in Australia. My mom was planning to bring them and I told her that the custom won't be amused if she does that! She must be very happy to know that you can get it in Australia. I am not sure I want to tell her because I don't know if I want to "dry clean" with that only!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope your OB sure does a lot more monitoring than mine does. Mine just measures belly size and cos the ultrasound at 20 weeks was fine he doesn't seem to think I even needs growth one unless belly measurement is not progressing normally. I was 1.5 weeks ahead at 20 week ultrasound so I'm thinking of getting a 34 week one just in case im have a massive baby.. better to know than be ignorant I guess. Tho I don't want to scare myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I think it is s good idea to get the 34w scan in your scan. If the baby is massive, it is better knowing and know the birth options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I will pop back in a few weeks and let you all know how I am getting along. By then Gelati and bbhope will be on countdown to meeting their bubs

Tanej78 all the best for this upcoming cycle.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald26 For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh true. Better to know and it'll give me peace of mind that bub is growing normally.

Look forward to hearing your good news @Emerald26 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald26 View Post
    Thanks ladies. I will pop back in a few weeks and let you all know how I am getting along. By then Gelati and bbhope will be on countdown to meeting their bubs

Tanej78 all the best for this upcoming cycle.
    Thank you... & exciting news for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emerald26 looking forward to hear your progress in a few weeks.
    @Tanej78 good luck for your scan on Monday. Hoping to hear more good news in this thread.
    @Gelati I think the 34 week scan is a good idea for a peace of mind. I'll have one too especially ob has suggested it. Your ob sounds similar to mine. Only measure tummy size so I have no idea how big bub is between 20 week and 34 week scan. Ob said I was measuring 2 day ahead at 20 week scan but most bub could have a growth spurt after 26 weeks. That's when genetic kicks in. I was a bit worried hearing that lol. My DH family is very tall. He's 194cm and his siblings are all tall too. My MIL has told me all the kids were around 4kgs or more when born. Far out lol. My side is small. Only about 3kgs when born so hoping my bub is halfway at 3.5kgs haha.

Re curry paste for fish cake, I can't remember. It is just one of the thai red curry paste jar from asian aisle in woollies or coles. Whatever on special haha. It's quite salty so don't use too much and I don't put extra salt cos it's salty enough. The dipping sauce is fish sauce, vinegar, chilli and sugar.

Doveton is a bit far for me. I'll wait for the next sale then.

I won't get to see bub next week ob doesn't scan in his room. But I'll ask for a quick one at 28 week appointment.
    @bbhope omg the herbal leaves lol. Maybe my mum doesn't know as she didn't say anything about it. She didn't even say to use ginger peel for bath. I know some friends did that. Ginger peel in bath to wash the hair. I think re shower, I might do it the Aussie way. We asian living in australian should be able to adopt the best of both worlds haha.

My friend had a small tummy throughout her pregnancy. Bub was born 3kgs. Perfect size. Both asian parents. Don't worry about tummy size. I think it's a blessing as you have less to lose and not stretch as much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib i didn't know at 26 weeks is when genetics kick in. Eeek!!! At 26 weeks i was measuring 2.5 weeks ahead! My DH's side is very tall and my side is above average so like you i am hoping but i don't think i'll have much luck. yeh going to do the 34 week scan. I'm dreading the results a bit to be honest. Wow all 4kg over...i hope for your sake that it is in between the two families too. But girls are generally smaller so you have that on your side.

thanks for the tip, i'll check it out

oh i forgot your ob doesn't do scans in his office. Are you feeling the kicks now? Have they started to feel like proper kicks?