+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How often do you breastfeed

How often do you breastfeed your 6 month old and how long do they feed for?

DS has 2 bottom teeth cut through and he is barely eating at all anymore not even solid food, out of a bottle or breast.

Any advice
    Please help
    First time mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clyon

Sounds like your bub might have a bit of teething pain or is preparing for a growth spurt. I always found that my bubs ate minimal amounts before they went through a growth spurt the following week.

Is bub happy? Sleeping well? Wet nappies, etc? If so, I won't worry too much. Keep offering the breast and don't stress if he doesn't take it. Follow his lead and you can't go wrong. I wouldn't worry about the solids at all if he's not having any milk, food before one is just for fun, milk intake is his main source of nutrition at this age. Perhaps try letting him chew on a cold face washer before a feed if he is experiencing pain??

Good luck mumma, follow your baby's lead and try not to stress.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkiCuddles For This Useful Post:

Clyon  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How often do you breastfeed

Quote Originally Posted by MilkiCuddles View Post
    Hi Clyon

Sounds like your bub might have a bit of teething pain or is preparing for a growth spurt. I always found that my bubs ate minimal amounts before they went through a growth spurt the following week.

Is bub happy? Sleeping well? Wet nappies, etc? If so, I won't worry too much. Keep offering the breast and don't stress if he doesn't take it. Follow his lead and you can't go wrong. I wouldn't worry about the solids at all if he's not having any milk, food before one is just for fun, milk intake is his main source of nutrition at this age. Perhaps try letting him chew on a cold face washer before a feed if he is experiencing pain??

Good luck mumma, follow your baby's lead and try not to stress.
    He's actually 6 months today so maybe top teeth are coming through an growing I'm not sure :/ yeah he's been s bit fussy lately but sleeping good he's been going to bed later then usual ( bedtime is 6 an he goes to bed at 7 sometimes ) as for wet nappies that's my other concern he could go a day in one nappy an it not be full!! He used to pee heaps now it's barely anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From what you said about his nappies, I'd probably take him to your gp for a check over (might have sore ears or throat) and have a chat with them about not having enough wet nappies.

Good luck, I hope it all settles soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay awesome I have his 6 month check in a couple of days so I'll ask then!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay so we ended up getting med call doctor out who told us to go to the hospital, we had to wait 3 and a half hours for DS to pee!! In the end they just said cause he's eating less he's peeing less and at this age its normal for that! So he's a healthy happy baby

Thought I'd update you guys

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clyon For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (19-01-2015),MilkiCuddles  (19-01-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2015)