+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ttc noob alert!

I'm trying to conceive number 2. I have never used ovulation kits before in my life and this past week is evidence of that. I read something somewhere about the luteal phase being somewhere from 10am to 8 pm or something ( that's very specific ) is there really a certain time of day? I understand morning for HPTs because of the concentration but shouldn't that be the same for ovulation kits? Also if I am coming up on ovulating shouldn't the line be somewhat pink in the 2 days before hand? I chose 6pm to test everyday and am currently 2 days out from ovulation according to dates. The line was very very faint. I'm using cheapies though so does that make much of a difference? Sorry for all the questions, hope you can understand my ramblings lol.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luteal phase is the phase between ovulation and the start of your first day of next period.

Ovulation predictors need to have two lines the same colour or the test line darker than control to be positive. Yes, you shouldn't use first morning urine....and try to test at same time each day for consistency....I think I read somewhere between 2pm and 6pm is best time to test...but I think consistency would be better....

Oh and I used internet cheapies and we DtD when it was positive and bubby will be here in 8 weeks :-)

Hope that helps

Me -26 DH - 28+ Baby Vee coming 16/3/15
    Last edited by Katvee; 17-01-2015 at 22:37.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I think you mean LH which is the hormone that opks test. The peak occurs during the day (levels increase during the day) so thats why its best to test after lunch. I found testing at 8pm good. It varies per person. You might find testing twice a day helpful around o as some people have a very short surge.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app