+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default What's your 1 year old favourite toy or activity?

Dd is turning one next week and I have no idea what to get her!

Is there a specific toy that your baby likes to play with daily? Or do they prefer the box it comes in? Because I feel like that's what Dd is like! lol.

It shocks me that I consider what I'm buying her as much as I do but I obviously want her to get enjoyment from what she gets for her birthday even though she doesn't understand what's going on, without getting to many things.

Ideas appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My DS2 is 16 months and loves duplo and trucks. He will push his trucks around for ages and thinks it's the best, or he'll build towers and play with the duplo people.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Duplo for sure. There's some cute farm/circus/zoo sets that we have- when they are younger they just like playing with the figures but they quickly figure out how to construct. It's the gift that keeps on giving, my 5 year old still pays with duplo most days. And you can keep adding to it all the time.

My DD also loved her talking Violet dog (it's a leapfrog one) and DS loved his ballpit we got for his 1st birthday- just a small inflatable pool filled with balls.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    DS1 loved his ballpit at that age. DS2 loves trains and loved his water table which was a Christmas present just before his 1st Birthday. It got played with every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Duplo are a winner. And the water play table. Water play is a huge hit here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd1 loves an inflatable pool we got filled with balls and we just got the most amazing water play table from Kmart for $27. It's seriously fun with lots of things to play with and a little boat for the canal

Other than that she is really into drawing, pushing her pram and toy cars around and also anything that plays music. She got given a little laptop that sings and she has tonnes of fun playing all the different noises.
    She is really keen on her toy kitchen at the moment and plays pretend with all the food. She is 15mths so whilst she wasn't so keen at 1 it hasn't taken her long to enjoy playing pretend. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1421490422.678626.jpg

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Ds is one next week too and loves anything you can whack together at the moment. We got him a wooden drum, some blocks, a car ramp thing and a custom made toy box.

He also is starting to show an interest in books, loves music and dancing and is starting to show an interest in relationships: ie. things that go on/off, in/out, open/close etc.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wooden trolly to push around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Great thanks!

I like the idea of the water table because I've been looking at outdoor things for her but everything I looked at seemed a bit expensive and we have a deck and pool but no yard so I wasn't sure where to fit anything, a water table would be great.

We have a trolley and wooden blocks which she loves, a cement truck and train she pushes around, might get some kind of pull along toy now she's walking.