+ Reply to Thread
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Photo Displays

For Christmas I received a lovely big 3 space photo frame. Perfect, I have 3 kids!

I'm just now starting to look for photos to go in it, and my original thought was to have a photo of each of the kids on or around their first birthday to go in it and hang it in my bedroom so I will always have a sweet little reminder of when my babies were well, babies! I have some beautiful photos of my boys, but just looking through DD's photos from her first birthday and I don't have any suitable at all. For a photogenic kid, she has an awful lot of bad photos! (More to do with my terrible photographic skills than anything!)

Would you:

* Find a photo of DD on or around her first birthday even though it won't be as special or lovely as that of her brothers

* Find a baby (newborn/ infant stage) photo for each of them

* Have a current photo now at their current ages (6 and 17 months)

* Continue with the plan of keeping the very nice first birthday photos of the boys, and use a current one of DD

... does it matter in the scheme of things that there would be no order or rhyme nor reason to my photos? Am I overthinking this? I actually think it would really bug me if all 3 were not the same age in the photos... I think I would lie in bed and stare at them and just be annoyed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I would go with newborn photos if I couldn't find one from all of their 1st birthdays. Alternatively go with their current ages and swap them for 2nd birthday photos once your DD turns 2?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (17-01-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I have pics of my boys when they were 2 as a feature on a wall in a lounge, and was going to endeavour to get one of DD at the same age to add in there, so would like a different age for the ones in my bedroom.

The opposite problem exists for newborn pics- I have exquisite ones of DD (professionally taken) but nothing so special of my boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would just use a cute baby pic from each.

PS - I think you are overthinking it, what does it matter if they are not all precisely the same age in the photos, enjoy whatever beautiful moments have been captured while each of your children were babes.
    Last edited by DailyDiversion; 17-01-2015 at 19:45.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DailyDiversion For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Do you have one of them all pulling the same face?
    Or you could take new photos. Get them to each hold one letter to spell Mum.
    Or possibly narrow it down to 6 months or 1.5 if all 3 have a good photo from one of those periods.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (17-01-2015)