+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I hate potty training

I am sure there are other people that have had a worse time than me but I feel like I am in potty training hell. I hate it. It's stressful and tiring. I now wish we had floor boards or tiles or Lino. Anything but carpet or a fabric couch. And DS keeps trying to touch the toilet water or his wee. Or he pees 2 seconds after I ask him or he sits on the toilet or potty, It gives me the heebee jeebees and I want to be sick when he tries to touch the water and I have no idea how to stop him coz he sure isn't listening to me (not that he ever does). I used to think he wasn't ready but I think it's me that's not ready. 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old is he? My ds is only just training now at 2.5 but before that was no way he would sit on potty..

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's 3. He has a speech delay so he's never told us he's pooped or anything before and never even indicated that he has done anything and we have tried before to sit him on the potty and toilet but he would just scream his head off and run off crying for ages but we decided to try again 2 days ago and he sat on the toilet (with a kiddie seat) and was happy to sit there for a while even though nothing happened. He's even been happy to sit on the potty and has done a few wees and a poop in it, he's having a lot of accidents but he is sitting on the potty on his own even though he's not doing anything most of the time. He's actually doing much better than I thought he would it's the touching the toilet water and the wee that I hate and the constant asking him if he wants to use the toilet.. I feel like a broken record. I know it's all for the good but I hate it. And I have 2 year old twins that I am going to do after this. I'm not really looking forward to it but I am looking forward to the no more nappies so I guess I need to focus on that. I'm just being a soon really haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does he get upset wetting himself? Ds used to scream on the toilet too but we started a sticker chart so each wee he does om toilet he gets a stick on him and chart. Once he gets to 10 wees he gets a toy he wants at the shop.. Seemed to make him ask to use toilet more.
    maybe say each time u wee and dont touch it you get a sticker? Im bad at this sorry just an idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    No that's a god idea but he doesn't listen. He's in his own world. He doesn't really think about the bigger picture he is just kind of in the moment and at that moment he wants to touch it.. If that makes any sense.

Since lunch time he has decided that peeing in the potty works for him woohoo that's a win, but, its like a tiny dribble and then we have to go put it in the toilet and everyone comes and it's a massive drama to get everyone out because no one wants to leave, they want to play in the toilet with the toilet water. My throat is hurting from getting exited about every little wee because I don't want to seem bored with it when he is actually peeing in the potty and not having accidents but as soon as we finally get out of the toilet he sits on the potty again and a few minutes later we go through the whole thing and all the drama of wanting to play in the toilet. I am going insane. I hate toilet training.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arent there toilet lid lock type things so kids cant get into toilet bowls? Maybe look into that in the meantime before he learns the toilet is yucky.. Then he can play in there and u know he isnt touching anything. He may get bored of it

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Maybe could you just bypass the potty and get him to go straight on the toilet? Put the potty away, and help direct him to the toilet when he feels like he needs to go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like the toilet is the forbidden fruit and is what he wants to play with because he's not meant to. Could you perhaps put something in there to distract from the actual toilet and water like an easily washable but not easily flushable toy? Or hang something from the roof to attract his attention? I'd also make sure there are no toilet blocks in there he'd want to touch or that make the water turn colours or bubble up because that would make it look fun to play with as well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like he's not ready? I would give it another 6 months then try again. If it's really stressing both of you out I would stop and wait a bit

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hands on

I too am currently toilet training my two year old. All he wants to do is play with his willy! He sits on the potty and gets excited to do a wee then jumps up and does a wee somewhere else and then lays down and continues to play. Its worse when theres a poo in the nappy and his hand gets covered.Yukkk!