+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep just scramble eggs as you normally would and smear down on toast fingers - I always added chopped herbs or spinach ( even dried herbs) to DS eggs not only for the extra nutrients but so he gets used to green things!

Vegemite does have b vitamins but there are better foods to get the same things ( eggs/green veggies/nuts/ fish/meats ) without the salt and other additives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ✌️thank you EM

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry to hijack again op but see I would never have given a cruskit thinking it would be so dangerous but right now she's loving a cruskit with sweet potato spread all over it. The amount of saliva and let me tell you there's a lot melts it so much. Wow!!
    It's very messy though 🙉

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Clyon  (17-01-2015),Elijahs Mum  (17-01-2015),misskittyfantastico  (17-01-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Ds loved (and still does) steamed or boiled broccoli at 6 months. Just make sure it has a big enough stem on it for them to hold.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Ds loved (and still does) steamed or boiled broccoli at 6 months. Just make sure it has a big enough stem on it for them to hold.

Mine all loved that too!
    Other things the mine loved at that age were:
    Corn on the cob - seriously it would keep them busy for hours!
    Cruskits or rice cakes or toast fingers with avocado, hommus, nut butters or cream cheese.
    Roasted carrots, sweet potato and pumpkin chunks.
    Thick cut cucumber sticks with the skin on - that was my youngest child's first food and he's still mad for cucumber!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it normal for them to gag when trying things like cucumber, mango scrambled egg? DS tried a bit of scrambled egg this morning and threw up everywhere ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep totally normal , they are just adjusting to the different tastes and textures going down! Just keep offering appropriate sized foods and eat with them so they can copy you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing - DS is almost 6mo and despite my intentions to skip purées and do BLW, I kind of chickened out! I've offered him some mashed or puréed potato, pumpkin and carrot without much success. Sometimes he finds the whole thing hilarious and other times he refuses to open his mouth so I don't persist with it. I also offer stuff off my plate like plain meats and steamed veg but not much actually goes in his mouth.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Ds didn't stop gagging on everything until about 8 months

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Clyon  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Mine all loved that too!
    Other things the mine loved at that age were:
    Corn on the cob - seriously it would keep them busy for hours!
    Cruskits or rice cakes or toast fingers with avocado, hommus, nut butters or cream cheese.
    Roasted carrots, sweet potato and pumpkin chunks.
    Thick cut cucumber sticks with the skin on - that was my youngest child's first food and he's still mad for cucumber!
    Love these👍

Corn is a great one thank you so much. I can't believe how much this little belly has been eating. She's tiny yet such a little piglet.