+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Probably about once a day. We did blw so ds never got bloated from solids.

Eta: two meals a day at 7 months (lunch & dinner) and went to three meals a day at 8 months. By 10 months I starting adding in snacks here and there.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 16-01-2015 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're doing lunch and dinner with dd who's 6 months. She doesn't eat huge amounts though and is mostly just having fun with food at this point. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Ladies who are giving cereal/porridge are you giving with cows milk, formula or ebm
    My 7 and a half month old DD usually has half a WeetBix, and some kids yoghurt, for breakfast, and at the moment I just use water on the WeetBix; just enough to soften it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Hello all, I just got back from my appointment with a health nurse. She advised me to give food first and then milk...confusing I know and at 7 months no more purée and to put food on tray. My girl is not interested in pasta or chicken. But loves spinach and rice.
    Always been told to give food first... I wouldn't say no more puree but it wouldn't be the only/first thing I'd offer at 7 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely give some more foods ago! Maybe some toast do you just do plain toasts or do you put anything on it ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    With toast or even better I found were rice cakes ( 100% brown rice) I put avocado or cottage cheese or almond butter or any nut butter ( just make sure it's 100% nuts )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    With toast or even better I found were rice cakes ( 100% brown rice) I put avocado or cottage cheese or almond butter or any nut butter ( just make sure it's 100% nuts )
    It's normal to be super nervous about feeding my DS chunky food I'm scared he'll choke.. He's got his 2 bottom teeth does that help at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Solids...How many times a day?? For a 6 month old

It's normal to be nervous and in reality they don't need teeth to eat soft foods, teeth are for biting , if you give appropriate food like rice cakes or soft fruits and veggies and meats they can "gum" the food (which also helps with their teething as biting down on food helps cut their gums and lets their teeth through!)

Rice cakes are great as they are just puffed rice and the babies gum/suck them and little pieces of soft rice break off , just try relax and be encouraging and eat the food so they can copy you - I've had friends freaking out anytime their babies put a piece of food in their mouths and all it does it makes the baby confused and nervous about eating!

Look up some baby led weaning you tube videos and watch how clever they are - babies bodies are designed to eat real whole food once they are ready ( usually 6 months ) and their instincts kick in very quickly once they get the idea !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Clyon  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cruskits are also a food that mooshes down in their mouth at the younger age.