+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you have toys in the living room?

My kids toys are in their room. I don't like them in the lounge room. What about you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Ds is only 15 months so I need to watch him while he is playing still so my lounge room is his play room. I hate the mess though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like it but we do. DS is 18 mths and is only happy to play in his bedroom for short periods. We have one bucket of toys in the lounge room that I rotate every week.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirligig For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a playroom, right off our kitchen/dining/living room. There is big built in cupboard in the playroom. Some toys are out in the playroom but most are stacked on shelves in tubs in the cupboard. Theory is one tub at a time comes out. In practice though the playroom is often messy with toys. Thank god for doors. I shut them and ignore it until I can be bothered dealing with it. If toys get dragged out to the loungeroom I put them back away when they are finished playing (or more to the point I nag the kids to do it, then I do it anyway).

Thanks
    Reviews
    They were until we got too many of them. And I had a second baby. Now the toys live in the front lounge and you have to open the door to get to them. So I bring a box of toys or a few chosen toys in at a time for DS to play with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never used to keep them in the lounge room. Always stuffed in the bedroom. But the bedroom was always trashed! Now we have a stack on a book shelf in the lounge room, it's SO convenient & DDs not tripping over junk in the night (she's 4)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprisedmummy View Post
    Ds is only 15 months so I need to watch him while he is playing still so my lounge room is his play room. I hate the mess though!
    This is me too!!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    All in the lounge room, pretty much. Or they drag things from their room into the lounge. We all like everyone being together in the one space, I guess. It all gets packed away out of sight each night so it practically looks like grown ups live here when they go to bed

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we have a double room living so one room is the living room and the other is a playroom when it's all tidy it looks good like kids live here but not like they take over the whole house. I have no toys in the bedrooms as I think it would be a deterent to go to sleep, pulse they might end up having to share a bedroom with a sibling and Id rather keep it for sleeping and clothes only as the rooms are not big.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All in the lounge room. I hate the kids going up the stairs to get them.