+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    - how often they come?
    Once a week

- how long they come for?
    I pay them for 2 hours but I don't mind if they are quicker as long as they get everything done.

- how much they charge?
    Husband and wife team - they charge $50 for the 2 of them for 2 hours. Bargain! When we moved into a new, bigger house I said we were happy to increase the rate and they refused.

- how did you find them?
    My cousin's cleaner recommended them.

- what do they do?
    Wipe down all surfaces, dust, mop floors, vacuum, clean the toilets/bathrooms. I make sure the house is completely tidy before they come so they just have to clean.

I'm never here when they come - I take my girls to my parents for a nap every week while they're here. We communicate by notes and text message!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cleaner comes once a fortnight, for 2 hours.

$76 p/f.

She comes whilst I am at work, DH works shifts so if hes not at work he'll greet her and then duck off somewhere for 2 hours.

She cleans: vacs & mops my floors, cleans x 2 bathrooms, dusts my dining room, living room, does all the mirrors, and either starts the fans or my windows and rotates between them each week til done.

I LOVE HER! Working f/t with a 2 & 4 year old, and shift working husband would not be possible in our house without the cleaner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To add another perspective... I don't have a cleaner but I did clean people's houses when I was at uni.

I preferred if people were out when I was there. Not because I wanted to steal their stuff but it was just less awkward for everyone that way. They didn't feel like they had to either make conversation or hide from me and I could get my work done quicker without having to talk to to them or work around them.

I never went through people's stuff! If rooms were untidy I would make piles of things and put them on the bed or couch, that's as much as I did. I never put things away in drawers as it might invade privacy. I did put kitchen things away but most ppl don't keep embarrassing items in their kitchen!

I prefer to clean my own house so wouldn't get a cleaner myself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id love to get a cleaner but have too many animals 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelySavvy View Post
    Why would that stop you from hiring a cleaner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelySavvy View Post
    Thats a reason TO get a cleaner i think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I have one but looking for a new one, ours has become increasingly careless and is breaking and damaging things and it's got too much and DH wants her gone (all very well for him to say - not like he's going to do it!).

Generally though she would do the bathroom, toilets, mop the tiles and vacuum carpets/floorboards, wipe down the kitchen, clean the sinks, stovetop and splashback. But she rushes and is often on her mobile (have started having to come and check on her as she went through a stage of nicking off early and not finishing things) so it's not always done well.

If anyone knows any cleaners in Melbourne city would love a contact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Yes I have one but looking for a new one, ours has become increasingly careless and is breaking and damaging things and it's got too much and DH wants her gone (all very well for him to say - not like he's going to do it!).

Generally though she would do the bathroom, toilets, mop the tiles and vacuum carpets/floorboards, wipe down the kitchen, clean the sinks, stovetop and splashback. But she rushes and is often on her mobile (have started having to come and check on her as she went through a stage of nicking off early and not finishing things) so it's not always done well.

If anyone knows any cleaners in Melbourne city would love a contact.
    Fresh As home cleaning service is suppose to be good.
    They are on Facebook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you @LoveLivesHere, will check it out.