+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DueInAugust View Post
    I have a lady comes twice a week. 2 hours each time.
    She comes early sometimes to play with my boys and have a coffee.
    She does everything!
    My kitchen. Fills and empty the dishwasher if it needs it. Folds washing once everything else is done if she has time.
    Hangs washing. Steam clean my floors once a month (carpet and lino)
    Plus the usual tidy, Vac, bathroom.
    20 an hour.
    You are so lucky 😯

Im struggling with finding a reliable cleaner that does a good job. Why can't I have the whole package😟just like you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It has taken me all year and a few duds to get her. I am lucky but my last lay was so much faster. She was ocd though and would take 5 hours to do one room. She wouldn't leave until it was done.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    - how often they come?
    Weekly

- how long they come for?
    2 and a half hours (was 2 originally, but I was coming home and finding her still going, asked her and she said yeah, she was struggling to get it all done in 2 hours, so we upped it to 2 1/2)

- how much they charge?
    $25/hour

- how did you find them?
    Facebook in a local BSS group. I Face-stalked her and found we had a mutual friend, so I contacted the mutual friend to ask about her. Mutual friend said she had done some cleaning for her, and she felt really comfortable leaving her in the house without being there. So based in that recommendation, I waited until she got there the first week, showed her where everything was then left. Now I always leave before she gets here and return after she's done.

- what do they do?
    Vacuum & wash floors, clean 2 bathrooms. House is reasonably big, with 4 bedrooms, office, 2 bathrooms and 2 living areas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    - how often they come?
    Every 2 weeks

- how long they come for?
    2/3 hrs

- how much they charge?
    $25 p/hr

- how did you find them?
    She cleans a few of my friends places and I've been waiting for a spot

- what do they do?
    Dust, vacuum, mop, clean bathrooms, make beds, unpack dishwasher, put dishes away and stack dishwasher, tidy up toys etc - this is standard but she also cleans ceiling fans, windows, does washing etc, I just let her know if I want extra done and she comes a bit longer that time.

It's well worth the $50 a fortnight! I was meant to give her up once I was off bed rest and had Ds but I'm totally keeping her, I love not having to clean bathrooms and dust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay $95 once a fortnight for husband and wife team- they bring all own equipment and products. They do all surfaces (benches, floors, showers, toilets, window sills, cook top, wipe out microwave, 2 glass verandah doors that always have kids' prints on them). They will rotate a few tasks such as skirting boards and exhaust fans. 4 beds 2 baths. The BEST thing they do though is strip and remake all beds in the house. I have it done just before the weekend and it feels great to come home to a clean house with all clean sheets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Eeeeeek! The cleaner is here to clean my house, it feels so weird knowing they'll be going through my stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Eeeeeek! The cleaner is here to clean my house, it feels so weird knowing they'll be going through my stuff!
    Let me know how it goes!!

I've got a meeting with one next Friday.

How did you find them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully they aren't going through your stuff though unless you have asked them tp tidy as well. I always tidy before mine comes so she just has clear surfaces to clean and doesnt need to touch or move anything

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    - how often they come Weekly

- how long they come for? Three hours if one person or 1 hour if the team of 3 come at the same time.

- how much they charge? $75

- how did you find them? Asked local area FB for referrals

- what do they do? Everything. The usual vac, mop and clean the bathrooms, dust, polish wood furniture, condition leather lounges and each week they tackle something bigger. Last week they got the kids bedroom windows done (then it stormed ) or will do the oven, wipe down the walls etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Let me know how it goes!!

I've got a meeting with one next Friday.

How did you find them?
    My uncle has her do his place and gave me her number. Hopefully she does a good job, she's using my cleaning stuff and I don't have good cleaning stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by slipper View Post
    Hopefully they aren't going through your stuff though unless you have asked them tp tidy as well. I always tidy before mine comes so she just has clear surfaces to clean and doesnt need to touch or move anything
    Hahahaha, well she probably isn't but that's how it feels! I want to go out and check on them but I think that would be weirder than sitting here wondering how it's going!