+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    My cleaner used to come once a week for the last 5 years but recently we have dropped it back to once a month.

When it was weekly she could clean for 2-3 hours depending on what needing doing, sometimes more or less. Now it's 3-4 hours.

We paid her $60 a week regardless of hours we have always paid her even if she couldn't work (which was only a few times a year!) she's so cheap and is simply amazing.

Found through a friend.

Cleaned everything! Washing, ironing, floors, bathroom, change sheets ect. If she finishes early she even put something in the slow cooker for dinner!!!!
    I want this lady!!!

I've decided to hire a cleaner. DH can like it or lump it but we're both working full time and the house is a disaster zone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine comes weekly for two hours. She does the upstairs bathrooms, vacuuming, mopping and our walk in robe mirrors/dusting. Downstairs she does the bathroom, vacuums the tiles and mops. I am fanatical about my kitchen so I do it myself before she arrives. Costs $25 p/hr. I love going out shopping and coming home and it's all done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, she comes weekly 3 hrs one week 2 hrs the other, and she does anything she thinks needs doing. Sometimes I'll ask her to do certain things. $30 an hour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine comes weekly. She doesn't have a set time - for $50 she:

Wipes all surfaces throughout house
    Wipes all windowsills and fans
    Cleans bathrooms
    Cleans toilets
    Makes beds
    Vacuums and mops floors

We have a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. She is a whirlwind, gets it all done in about 90 minutes (and the place is spotless).

I love her. We found her through a friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have decided to look into hiring one, I found one on Gumtree, 3hrs for $65 will come as often as we want, I'm thinking fortnightly. Sounds good but I have trust issues about someone in my house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm going to find one this week too. I'm going back to work, running another business and I'm pregnant. Time to invest in something to make things a but nicer for us at home.

I've looked into an agency which is 2 hours minimum at $30 an hour...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would absolutely love a cleaner. Housework is such a drag, constantly feel stressed about finding time to do it. I'd need someone once a week to do the whole house, leaving me with just the daily kitchen stuff like wiping down the bench. And I'd need to vacuum mid week too. It's just the expense. Wish I had the money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a lady comes twice a week. 2 hours each time.
    She comes early sometimes to play with my boys and have a coffee.
    She does everything!
    My kitchen. Fills and empty the dishwasher if it needs it. Folds washing once everything else is done if she has time.
    Hangs washing. Steam clean my floors once a month (carpet and lino)
    Plus the usual tidy, Vac, bathroom.
    20 an hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Can anyone recommend a good cleaner in the Perth southern suburbs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good cleaner in the Perth southern suburbs?
    Scratch this, I've got a lady coming on Wednesday now. So excited! $30 an hour, I hope she's good!