+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Can I ask what you do when you finally put him down? At what point does he cry? As soon as he is down or does he open his eyes and turn his head a bit, let out a little whimper first?

My DS ALWAYS opens his eyes when I transfer him, but I continue to move his basinette and close my eyes and he drifts back into his sleep.

I use pedestal fan to create some background noise otherwise every little sound makes him flinch or wake.
    It varies, sometimes he just opens his eyes, in which case I just keep patting & shhing until he either starts crying or (more often these days) wakes up completely & starts rolling around his cot tryimg to play. Sometimes he cries straight away in which case I pat until he escalates then I pick him up.

We dont have to worry too much about background noise, the portable air conditioner sounds like a truck is in the room with us, lol. Ds is used to it.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Heartstringz does he stay sleeping if you put him down on his stomach?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    It varies, sometimes he just opens his eyes, in which case I just keep patting & shhing until he either starts crying or (more often these days) wakes up completely & starts rolling around his cot tryimg to play. Sometimes he cries straight away in which case I pat until he escalates then I pick him up.

We dont have to worry too much about background noise, the portable air conditioner sounds like a truck is in the room with us, lol. Ds is used to it.
    Have you tried not patting him? I found with my friend's baby that the patting was keeping him awake. She started lying him down, he'd open his eyes, and she'd sit and wait for 15 minutes- in the room so he could see her. Usually he would go to sleep. Sometimes he would scream, so she would pick him up, shh and pat, then place him back down, and wait again. Over and over (sometimes for 2 hours) and eventually he would sleep himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Queen of Amazingtown View Post
    Heartstringz does he stay sleeping if you put him down on his stomach?
    I was going to suggest this. It's the way my fussy Bub sleeps during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try putting him on his front?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd be sleeping him on his tummy too! My babies settled so much better on their tummies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    I'd be sleeping him on his tummy too! My babies settled so much better on their tummies.
    This.

I think I remember reading in your previous posts that you were concerned about the SIDS risks associated with this. Have you looked into breathing monitors at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    if there is a fan in the room, the breathing monitor will not work properly. they are extremely sensitive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I haven't tried placing him on his tummy. Ill try it. Im ok with tummy sleeping now cause he rolls there by himself half the time. We had to turn off the motion pads on our baby monitor cause of the fan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got offered a cancellation spot at Ellen Barron, so we are going on Monday! Scared but optimistic & hopeful that it will at least give me some settling strategies & ideas on his sleep cues even if we cant totally fix the sleep issues.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

DT75  (16-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (16-01-2015),Mamasupial  (16-01-2015)