+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Hang on, are you getting sh!tty because strangers on a forum can't magically solve a six month old learnt behaviour with a single reply?

I understand you are frustrated and have anxiety issues, but you have consistently been getting honest and/or reasonable advice or opinion from a variety of people, all concerned for you, offering links to resources for your anxiety, DS's sleep issues etc, so I would think twice before being so rude about it.
    Well if you want to come over to my place & see what ive dealt with all day every day by myself for the last 6 months you're welcome, other maybe a little more tact wouldn't go astray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Im still not sure if im putting him down at the right time though, I honestly can't tell when hes tired till its too late. Thats why im waiting for sleep school before I start trying to teach him to self settle cause we wont get anywhere if he's already overtired.
    They can be tricky little, ahem, darlings can't they? My first just about did me in with her sleeping issues. I really think you're doing the right thing seeking professional help and in the meantime you just have to try and get through the days. From memory, mine were having on average about two hours awake time at six months.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You could stop rocking/holding to sleep and encourage bub to self settle. If you were interested you could start by doing what you are doing but putting bub down drowsy but awake (eyes droopy but not closed). Bubs that are put to bed awake often sleep longer/don't wake all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Well if you want to come over to my place & see what ive dealt with all day every day by myself for the last 6 months you're welcome, other maybe a little more tact wouldn't go astray.
    See that in itself shows that your expectations on advice from a forum are not in touch with the reality of the situation.

I simply stated that nothing is going to be an instant fix, I.e don't expect anything to be resolved today, as you had expressed you needed relief today.

I don't doubt you need relief today, but there's nothing tactless about telling you the truth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In terms of tired cues, I tend to just clock watch and start settling DD after 1.5 hours if she doesn't seem tired. It sounds like you've got a good quietening down routine happening, maybe it's worth going by the clock if he hasn't shown tired signs after however long 6 months old tend to be awake for? (I'm definitely a first time, learner mum!)
    Off topic, but I am glad you ask for advice on here. There have been plenty of occasions I've read the advice, and found something in it to help me since my LO is a bit younger than yours. Sending lots of hugs to you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    See that in itself shows that your expectations on advice from a forum are not in touch with the reality of the situation.

I simply stated that nothing is going to be an instant fix, I.e don't expect anything to be resolved today, as you had expressed you needed relief today.

I don't doubt you need relief today, but there's nothing tactless about telling you the truth.
    Well sorry if thats the way it came across. Yes I need a solution today, yes I know thats impossible, so I was asking for tips for transferring so I can work on it because at the moment he wakes up every time. I just dont see the point in rehashing the self settling stuff again, its been done to death in my other threads & now im getting help for that from professionals so id rather just wait as opposed to making both of us more distressed if im expecting him to self settle when he's already overtired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think (and could be wrong) but ten minutes from the time they go to sleep is good. They're in a fairly deep sleep but not nearing the end of a sleep cycle.
    Could try wrapping him in a blanket (not swaddling if you don't, just wrapped lightly), get him to the ten minute point and lay him down then, still wrapped in the blanket so there isn't too much of a temperature change.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about once he is asleep just laying down holding him in the bed. It's not transferring but it might give you some relief by taking away some of the weight.

Hugs I feel your pain, my DD was similar. Good luck at the sleep school

Sent from my HTC_0P9O2 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't you just sit down with him asleep? And then stick a pillow under your arm to support him/you.
    Then you don't have to worry about the stress of transferring, and you can just wait for your sleep school appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Can't you just sit down with him asleep? And then stick a pillow under your arm to support him/you.
    Then you don't have to worry about the stress of transferring, and you can just wait for your sleep school appointment.
    I do sit with my arm propped, but not being able to move for however long is meaning my neck & shoulder muscles are completely seizing up. I know my neck is awkward & difficult but I cant seem to get a diagnosis so I just have to manage it as best I can.

Ill try the things suggested over the next little while & see how I go.