+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, we're in this boat too. DD is almost 3 and we just simply can't afford to do fertility treatment again plus age has caught us up too. I constantly feel like I'm denying her the right to a sibling. I've had the 'will you have anymore' question a few times and am trying hard to not answer with my usual short 'probably not' and rephrase it into 'sometimes these things aren't in our control'. DD is a great kid ... We just focus on the benefits being a family of 3 means to us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear melimum. I am a mommy to a beautiful IVF girl 15 months old. It was a long and hard journey to get Violet and I am older now. I just lost a dear little baby girl in my womb two weeks ago at 14-15 weeks. I'm turning 42 this year, and although we have one last frozen embryo I fear that our chances are extremely slim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am in your club too. I had no trouble conceiving and have a 2 years old ds. I always thought I would have 1 and only ever wanted 1. I convinced my hubby that 1 was it and now I want another and he doesn't and he won't budge. I am 37 so time isn't on my side either. Sometimes I'm ok with it and other times I'm not..

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's nice to speak to others in the same boat as me... often it feels like I'm so alone. I'm also 37 and hubby is in his 50's. I think our time has run out too, even though every month I still pray for a miracle.

I toy with the idea of IVF again but I don't think we can afford it now... I feel we have spent so much already.

I"m finding now a lot of friends are having their second child and although I'm obviously happy for them... my heart aches for my own loss of not being able to have another. Some days I am thanking for having DS but other days I get so angry as the choice to have more has been taken from me. It doesn't seem fair..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherwillbe For This Useful Post:

Joeee  (05-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is us. We have a nearly 3 year old DD. It took us 13 months to conceive her (no issues on either side) and we've now been trying for 1.5years for #2 with no luck at all. We've had testing again and noting wrong with either of us. I'm on the list to get my tubes checked now. It's a funny situation when you're hoping they find something wrong so at least you know there might be something that can be fixed. I don't know how long I can do this for though. We've said until DD starts prep so we have a few more years. I'm not optimistic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Joeee  (05-06-2016)