+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for your thoughts. I'm just totally bummed. I knew it but I live in hope.

To be fair @lilypily my previous recent cycles haven't been great either. Have had a few cancelled cycles now. I was seeing the best in the business so no where to go. We have to either accept DS will be all we have or look into alternatives. We have attended an adoption information session but it seems almost impossible. I'm unsure about permanent care as I have to think about the impact on DS.

I know we need to build up our friend network. DH and I are quite introverted people and really struggle to make friends. We went to kids party last year where we knew no one but the host (obviously they were busy) and it was just horrible. We just struggle to make small conversation.

Oh god, what have we done 😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs. You will find the way forward with a lot of hard work. At a guess you were seeing wazza?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Hugs. You will find the way forward with a lot of hard work. At a guess you were seeing wazza?
    No we are in Melbourne. Same FS as you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisbanemum87 View Post
    Yes I desperately want a large family. My DS is 5yr starting prep and I'm a single mum. Hopefully one day I'll meet someone, just lucky age is on my side.
    This is me. Except I'd always indented to have my three kids before 30. I only have DD, I'm single and I'm not far off 30. I don't know if I will have more.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nudge88 For This Useful Post:

superbuns  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been trying to date but just don't have much luck so I've taken a break while I focus on DS and study.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    No we are in Melbourne. Same FS as you.

Sorry I was with wazza for my only cycle that worked and it sounded very much like something he would say. Geez that's tough to hear from Lynn. She does call it when it's over. She told me to stop cycling with one of my sisters and wait for my younger sister to be ready. She said save the money and go on holiday. I don't think she said flogging a dead horse or maybe she did,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Sorry I was with wazza for my only cycle that worked and it sounded very much like something he would say. Geez that's tough to hear from Lynn. She does call it when it's over. She told me to stop cycling with one of my sisters and wait for my younger sister to be ready. She said save the money and go on holiday. I don't think she said flogging a dead horse or maybe she did,
    Yes it was tough to hear but because if previous failed cycles I was expecting it. It's the nurses I am most upset with for making me think that large follicle was a cyst. They have me hope it wasn't over and then Lynn took that hope away in her honest and direct way. The rug went from under me.

I still think about you and your story. It was so cruel for you to get to 14 weeks and lose your baby. You think you are safe from 12 weeks. I've been reading the forum for long enough to know that no pregnancy is completely safe but even so I was so upset for you. I hope you are doing ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a little late onto this post as I see it's been while since anyone has posted here.

I'm a mother of one little IVF miracle who is almost 3 and a half. We have tried for number2 for almost 3 years now and it's finally hitting home that we will not be having anymore. We did another 3 ivf rounds and 9 embryo transfers with no luck. I don't have it in me to do another round of ivf again as the emotional side is too hard for me. At this same time I feel like I'm giving up... my hubby and i have unexplained infertility, so I think in the back of my mind I'm always hoping for a miracle. It's not a good place to be either as I still get upset every month when my period arrives.

Anyway, would love to connect with anyone on here in a similar situation to get some ideas on how you manage to come to terms with your situation. I'm an only child myself, also not by my parents choice so I think it makes it harder to accept as I always said I would give my child a sibling so they didn't have to grow up on their own like me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi morherwillbe. I have a 5 year old and tried for 3 years for number 2. We lost her at 14weeks and as soon as I saw my baby still on the screen I said I'm done. I can't do this any more and it was the best decision ever. Ivf ruined me and my body and I just love 2 years on being me again and we are s beautiful family of 3. Sometimes people ask if we are going for another and I just say we can't and we have our miracle. And being a mum of 1 is just so easy. My son takes an only child in his stride and loves it. There is always fleeting what if thoughts but the thought of doing it all again kills the pretty quick.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Motherwillbe  (05-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I thought about this today, when a well meaning acquaintance asked when DD would be getting a little brother or sister. While I try not to be rude to people, my stern never might have put him off a bit.

DD is about to turn 3. Most of my mothers group now have their second. While I sometimes wonder if we have done the right thing, when I see the others with two I don't feel jealous or upset, I think I have made peace with an only. DD is a very independent child and plays very well on her own with lots of imaginary friends so that helps a lot. I still hate when she asks why others have brothers or sisters and she doesn't.

After our 8 years of trying, 9 rounds of IVF and a horrendously high risk awful pregnancy I just new we couldn't go again. I am so thankful for my one little miracle.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Motherwillbe  (05-06-2016)