+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not in this place... But I just wanted to add that I am guilty of saying the 'at least you have one' comment...coming from a place where it's taken me years to conceive the one I'm only just now growing.

Fertility and having children is such a complex issue... Just big hugs to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    [

I try my hardest to focus on the positives.... so what do you love about having an only child??

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Its definitely easier with one, most of my friends always comment how good DS is when we go out but as I say it's easy just looking after 1 as all my focus is on him, he's not vying for my attention all the time and he's learnt to play happily on his own

It's easier to be more spontaneous with just 1, if DH and I feel like going out its easy to dump just 1 child to family to mind, when we all go away we all an just share 1 bed, he eats what we do so really food isn't that much more expensive with 1 , technically it's cheaper with one ( except if you go to the movies it's cheaper to buy a family pass!)

We can afford to send him to a top private school, have more holidays and have me at home longer when he's little and yes overseas travel is cheaper and easier with 1

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @melimum, yes very rude but I let them have their opinion sometimes it gets to me but we are living our lives not them living our lives.

These people that say this have 2 children and I can never recall her ever saying anything positive about her having 2 children it really gets me why she had 2 when she just complains bout them all the time.

There are good things about having just 1 child don't get me wrong I love my girl to death but I always seen myself having more than one. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Hugs and thoughts go to you all that have been through a hard time to get what you want. Thoughts are with you all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with @lilypily and @Elijahs Mum, there are definite advantages to having just one. We can afford to do more things having just one, OS travel, private school, we see a lot of children based shows, zoo membership etc.

DS is close to both of us and I think that will continue as he gets older. We have at least one family day each week and treat days with Mummy as well. My biggest concern is that perhaps we spoil him a little too much.

I hate the phrase "at least you have one". It's so insensitive to the desire if having a second. It's as strong if not stronger than the desire of having your first. Of course, I appreciate my son and I go out of my way to spend as much time as I can with him every day. If he is my only child I don't want to miss a minute if his growing up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As much as the "at least you have one" bugs the living day lights out of me the other one I cop "well your lucky you only have one to deal with" or "it's easy when you have one try having two" this really really bugs me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a vent really and to get this out of my head as i dont have anyone to talk to about it. I feel so down and low today. I just want to cry and cry. Another pregnancy announcement within my mums grp. Its only me and another girl now who are not pregs with our seconds. I feel like i have been punched in the stomach. As much as I am happy for them im having a woe is me moment. Why not me? Its not fair. Why does it have to be so hard for dh and I to have kids. What did we ever do to deserve this. Im trying to tell myself all the positives of only having one child ( who I absolutely cherish and thank my lucky stars everyday that i have him) but I still feel really low and have that yearning for another. I keep telling myself I dont want to feel or be like this but I cant help it. I guess I will just suck it up put a big smile on my face hug my precious ds a bit tighter today and carry on once again. Thanks for listening ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deleted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs. Allow yourself to have down days and allow yourself to enjoy the good ones xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @lilypily
    Im feeling much better now. Just one of those moments I guess.
    Last edited by Sethysmum; 20-01-2015 at 16:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep I still have moments also xxx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast