+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am the only one left in my mother's group of 9 mums with only 1 child. DD is 8 and we would really like another. I call DD my miracle child I hate the 'at least you've got ..." comments, but once a lady at work told me I was selfish for only having one. I was so upset we keep trying and always thinking about it. I think we have to give up soon because Dh is 41 next week and I'm 40 in March. I am glad to find this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another one here in the same boat. Been trying since my son was born. Been 4 years now. Fertility treatment isnt possible at the moment. The part of me that tries to tell myself its ok is the part that tries to remind me of the sleep deprivation and that hard first year. Then I know of people getting cancer or losing their spouses or just having really hard times in life I snap out of it. I just try to block and found as my son gets older it gets a bit easier. I'm 36 so think I still possibly have at least 5 years up my sleeve. Then I have times when I'm really not ok. But they pass.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a single mumma and my DD is almost 4, it hurts that I won't be having another any time soon. It's a sadness deep inside of me that she won't have a sibling close in age and that I'd love another baby but have no partner to do that with. Everyone just goes 'you're young, you've got plenty of time' but it doesn't make it hurt less. And I'm not THAT young!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

3Rreg  (08-02-2015),superbuns  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We just lost our 2nd baby at 14 weeks and that was our last attempt at Ivf so 1 it is for us

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    We just lost our 2nd baby at 14 weeks and that was our last attempt at Ivf so 1 it is for us
    I'm so so sorry for your loss xx

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    xoxoxox

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are there any other mums to an only child NOT by choice??

Yep definitely. My second child was stillborn at full term so I not only feel upset for myself, but I feel so bad that DS lost his brother we're ttc but we were lucky to conceive our first two (fs told us we had less than 5% chance of ever having kids). I would've loved at least 3 kids but would've been more than happy with the two we had
    Last edited by IvyRain; 15-01-2015 at 16:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    I'm a single mumma and my DD is almost 4, it hurts that I won't be having another any time soon. It's a sadness deep inside of me that she won't have a sibling close in age and that I'd love another baby but have no partner to do that with. Everyone just goes 'you're young, you've got plenty of time' but it doesn't make it hurt less. And I'm not THAT young!
    I got my DS who is 7 and its looking extremely unlikely i will ever have any more children which breaks my heart.

Now i am focusing on us 2. We are taking our first big holiday in August(just a cruise but its our first official big holiday) and then i am going to be planning a huge 2wk holiday overseas for us in 3 or 4yrs time pending where we go.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    oh hun I am so sorry

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    I get this all the time. Very fustrating yes I'm 27 but no I don't live the life of my age nor feel 27 more 37. Really want to meet someone worthy of hanging another child with not just anyone.