+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, congratulations to you all. We are 16weeks along with twins, so we are due Aug. Thank you for sharing your journeys - it is so helpful. We live in Central Queensland but will deliver in Bris.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleanorgrace For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Eleanorgrace. Congratulations on expecting your twins and being 16 wks along. How is it going?
    Will you deliver at the Matter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks CatNoonan08. It is going well! We have had numerous failed IVF cycles (about 8 I think) but as soon as we changed to Dr Charlotte Mooring & Warren DeAmbrosis we fell pregnant first time. Charlotte is also an obsetrician and she delivers at the Mater, so that's where we will go.
    Which hospital are you going to? How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleanorgrace View Post
    Hi ladies, congratulations to you all. We are 16weeks along with twins, so we are due Aug. Thank you for sharing your journeys - it is so helpful. We live in Central Queensland but will deliver in Bris.
    @Eleanorgrace welcome hun! So lovely to hear you've got a double blessing on board, espec after all your attempts 😊 How has your pregnancy been so far?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Hope everyone is going well. I've been reading along but not posting too much, I have been so tired and by the time I get home from work and cook dinner I'm ready to go to bed!

Thankfully now at 16 weeks it's easing a bit, same with the morning sickness. It's still getting me in the morning but it's not that hideous all day sickness now.

I wanted to ask you all, have you had any rude comments when people find out you're having or have twins? Just today I got an actual 'Ugh!' accompanied by a horrified face when I mentioned I had two on board in a meeting (and he then told me his wife was pregnant but that never in million years would they want twins).

And then, as I was leaving, I ran into a colleague in the lift who actually said 'oh, my condolences!' (He did seem to realise what he said after that, and laughed and said congrats, but still!).

I've just been laughing it off and saying that we're actually very excited about having two at once, but it's really starting to make me cranky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleanorgrace View Post
    Thanks CatNoonan08. It is going well! We have had numerous failed IVF cycles (about 8 I think) but as soon as we changed to Dr Charlotte Mooring & Warren DeAmbrosis we fell pregnant first time. Charlotte is also an obsetrician and she delivers at the Mater, so that's where we will go.
    Which hospital are you going to? How are you feeling?
    Oh so extra happy for you that everything is going well after the big wait you've had.
    I live in SE Qld so plan to deliver at Logan Hospital, but if for any reason the babies come early I'll go to the
    Mater because they have the best NNUnit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    Hi ladies! Hope everyone is going well. I've been reading along but not posting too much, I have been so tired and by the time I get home from work and cook dinner I'm ready to go to bed!

Thankfully now at 16 weeks it's easing a bit, same with the morning sickness. It's still getting me in the morning but it's not that hideous all day sickness now.

I wanted to ask you all, have you had any rude comments when people find out you're having or have twins? Just today I got an actual 'Ugh!' accompanied by a horrified face when I mentioned I had two on board in a meeting (and he then told me his wife was pregnant but that never in million years would they want twins).

And then, as I was leaving, I ran into a colleague in the lift who actually said 'oh, my condolences!' (He did seem to realise what he said after that, and laughed and said congrats, but still!).

I've just been laughing it off and saying that we're actually very excited about having two at once, but it's really starting to make me cranky.
    Glad your morning sickness is getting easier MrsA2B. My hats off to you pregnant mums that are working through MS.
    People can be so rude at times with the things they say. I've had lots of shocked faces and 'are you scared?' Comments but thankfully no rude ones. Congrats with managing to be nice but I don't blame you for feeling cranky!

Thanks
    Reviews

I've had a few comments we haven't told many people yet so I'm scared about what's the come. It makes me soo angry hearing them. Don't people realise that we didn't plan this and could really benefit from support not your inconsiderate comments!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I've had a few comments we haven't told many people yet so I'm scared about what's the come. It makes me soo angry hearing them. Don't people realise that we didn't plan this and could really benefit from support not your inconsiderate comments!
    Oh people can suck sometimes don't they! If it makes you feel better, I've had a ton of lovely comments too, particularly since we shared our news with everyone. One of my closest girlfriends has twins too and when she found out we were having twins too she said that we will absolutely love it and that having twins was the best thing that ever happened to her!

How many weeks are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh people can suck sometimes don't they! If it makes you feel better, I've had a ton of lovely comments too, particularly since we shared our news with everyone. One of my closest girlfriends has twins too and when she found out we were having twins too she said that we will absolutely love it and that having twins was the best thing that ever happened to her!

How many weeks are you now?
    I love hearing positive stories 😄 I'm nearly 8 weeks. I have another scan on Tuesday... Hoping everything's ok!