+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Grace, welcome and congratulations on expecting your twins and your 1st babies.
    My twins are my 3&4 babies and it come as no less of a shock I've also been very sick but now at nearly 13 wks the sickness is settling down a bit. I hope yours does too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CatNoonan08 For This Useful Post:

grace  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CatNoonan08 View Post
    Hi Grace, welcome and congratulations on expecting your twins and your 1st babies.
    My twins are my 3&4 babies and it come as no less of a shock I've also been very sick but now at nearly 13 wks the sickness is settling down a bit. I hope yours does too.
    Thank you did you find out of type of twins you are having? I didn't get told much at my dating scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I was told nothing apart from that there was twins and they had strong heart beats. However, this has become a bit of a problem with the hospital as the Dr needs to know from the sonographer what type they are in order to draw up a pregnancy plan. So I had a wasted appointment at the hospital on Tuesday. However, I have another scan tomorrow so will press them to tell me more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CatNoonan08 View Post
    No I was told nothing apart from that there was twins and they had strong heart beats. However, this has become a bit of a problem with the hospital as the Dr needs to know from the sonographer what type they are in order to draw up a pregnancy plan. So I had a wasted appointment at the hospital on Tuesday. However, I have another scan tomorrow so will press them to tell me more.
    How inconvenient for you!! Hope you find out soon in trying to work out what I have by looking at my scans but I'm having no luck. I never got a report so hoping my gp can shed some light at today's appointment. How did you cope with being sick? I'm struggling to eat and drink. I'm losing weight too which isn't ideal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully it's all in the report and your GP will explain for you later. Keep us posted
    Unfortunately not much I tried seems to ease the sickness. Ask your GP about anti sickness meds they may help. Also ginger and peppermint. Try storing ginger biscuits by your bed and eating a few before you even get up and I find sucking mints throughout the day does seem to help a bit. I'm just greatful that I do feel better for a while after vomiting.
    Good luck finding something that works for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @phee83 hi hun I haven't been online for awhile & just saw your update! Big congrats to you! 😘 How wonderful! Hope you & your precious additions are doing well. How's your recovery going? Are the twins home yet? How beautiful!! ☺️ xx
    @MrsA2B glad to hear your 12wk scan went well hun! No doubt you're counting down to the 20wk one already! ☺️ So lovely of your neighbours to help you out - with twins, every penny we can save is def going to help! xx
    @grace welcome hun, exciting times ahead for you! How's your m/s going now? Did you get some meds for it? Mine was so terrible, lasted all day, every day. Still get nauseous now & then, but thank God I've stopped puking my guts out *touch wood*! xx
    @CatNoonan08 hope your sickness eases off soon too hun, hopefully the worst will be over for you soon 😊
    How did your scan go? xx

Hope all the other twin mummies-to-be are doing well 😊 I've got an appointment with my OB today, looking forward to seeing the babies again! 💗

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KayzB how exciting to get to see your babies again How many weeks are you now?
    My Scan went great thanks. Found out I've got dichorionic diamniotic twins and although I've not had my GP appointment for results think its a pretty low chance of downs and extremely unlikely for SB. Sickness is finally subsiding wohoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CatNoonan08 that's good that your bubs have their own placenta etc hun 😊 So are they fraternal, or not sure as yet?
    I'm almost 22wks - still feels like ages to go though!
    Glad to hear your m/s is easing off - hope it stays that way! ☺️ xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 22 wks that seems like so far away yet for me. How far will your hospital let you go? Ive been told no later than 37 wks.
    The sonographer said there was no way to tell if Di Di twins are identical until they are born. Don't know if that is true or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CatNoonan08 fraternals are always DI/DI but some identicals can be DI/DI too (if the egg splits really early I think). I'd say it's more likely yours are fraternal, but guess you'll find out as you go! ☺️

My OB said def no later than 38wks, but will see how things are tracking closer at that stage. So yep 37wks or thereabouts like you've been told sounds about right hun 😊 xx