+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    It gets easier! 😉

My boys are 16 weeks tomorrow and have been sleeping midnight til 6.30 or 7am from about 12 weeks, before that they were every 3 hrs, sometimes less. I had to stop driving for a few weeks there because I was so tired it was dangerous! I feel like a new woman now... Don't worry, in a few weeks you can expect some 4 and 5 hour stretches xx
    Thank you for the reassurance! We get a good 4.5-5.5 hour stretch from 6:30-midnight but can be up from 0330 onwards most mornings. Have you got much help? I swear I wouldn't be able to survive without my mum. She comes around a most mornings to help out. Do you feed them together? I'm still feeding them one at a time as I find it easier. If they both crack it together I put them in the twin pillow and start feeding them together but always end up back feeding individually. I can't wait till mine are 4 months haha !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Thank you for the reassurance! We get a good 4.5-5.5 hour stretch from 6:30-midnight but can be up from 0330 onwards most mornings. Have you got much help? I swear I wouldn't be able to survive without my mum. She comes around a most mornings to help out. Do you feed them together? I'm still feeding them one at a time as I find it easier. If they both crack it together I put them in the twin pillow and start feeding them together but always end up back feeding individually. I can't wait till mine are 4 months haha !!
    That's an awesome stretch from 6.30 - midnight for such young bubbas, well done! Fingers crossed they start to give you the second longer stretch soon - our boys go 8pm - midnight, then get a dream feed in a bottle from their dad (so they barely wake up), then go through til morning.

I'm actually in the process of slowly weaning the boys to bottles, we've had a rough ride breastfeeding! I do feed them together whenever they'll let me though, it saves so much time. Are you breastfeeding or bottle feeding?

I don't have much help during the day (my parents are in NZ and DH's live in South America), but I'm lucky in that the boys are pretty cruisy and my husband is amazing when he is home, which helps a heap. I've also got a cleaner! (I'm all about outsourcing, haha).

I found 12 weeks a big turning point for us, they became so much more interactive and their personalities are really starting to come out. I'm loving being a twin mum, I feel very lucky! Although the first 6-10 weeks we were definitely in survival mode!

How are you doing? It's pretty full on, isn't it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's an awesome stretch from 6.30 - midnight for such young bubbas, well done! Fingers crossed they start to give you the second longer stretch soon - our boys go 8pm - midnight, then get a dream feed in a bottle from their dad (so they barely wake up), then go through til morning.

I'm actually in the process of slowly weaning the boys to bottles, we've had a rough ride breastfeeding! I do feed them together whenever they'll let me though, it saves so much time. Are you breastfeeding or bottle feeding?

I don't have much help during the day (my parents are in NZ and DH's live in South America), but I'm lucky in that the boys are pretty cruisy and my husband is amazing when he is home, which helps a heap. I've also got a cleaner! (I'm all about outsourcing, haha).

I found 12 weeks a big turning point for us, they became so much more interactive and their personalities are really starting to come out. I'm loving being a twin mum, I feel very lucky! Although the first 6-10 weeks we were definitely in survival mode!

How are you doing? It's pretty full on, isn't it.
    The babies are now exclusively formula feed. I breastfed/pumped for 7 weeks. We have a cleaner too... All the help we can get haha!!

I think we're going ok. I'm thankful my partner is such a hands on dad... It really makes all the difference! I'm looking forward to seeing the babies reach their milestones. At the moment they are just starting to smile ... But even the small amount of smiles we get make all the **** times worth it. Just out of interest what are you dressing the babies in at night? We live on the boarder of nsw and Qld and it's so hot here at night I'm struggling to find the right amount of clothing for them. They love their sleeping bags/being swaddled but they sweat so much in them 😩

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    The babies are now exclusively formula feed. I breastfed/pumped for 7 weeks. We have a cleaner too... All the help we can get haha!!

I think we're going ok. I'm thankful my partner is such a hands on dad... It really makes all the difference! I'm looking forward to seeing the babies reach their milestones. At the moment they are just starting to smile ... But even the small amount of smiles we get make all the **** times worth it. Just out of interest what are you dressing the babies in at night? We live on the boarder of nsw and Qld and it's so hot here at night I'm struggling to find the right amount of clothing for them. They love their sleeping bags/being swaddled but they sweat so much in them 😩
    Oh the smiles! It's so nice when the smiles start, and just wait, soon they'll be laughing and cooing and screeching too, haha

I'm in Melbourne, so it's a bit cooler here, but on hot nights they are in nappies, singlet suits and the summer lite love to swaddle suits (the ones where their hands are up). If your bubbas like being wrapped I think you can get mesh wrap suits that are super light but keep them contained? They're called aircocoon by Ergo - if we lived somewhere super hot I'd definitely get them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

grace  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins Due in 2015

Oh the smiles! It's so nice when the smiles start, and just wait, soon they'll be laughing and cooing and screeching too, haha

I'm in Melbourne, so it's a bit cooler here, but on hot nights they are in nappies, singlet suits and the summer lite love to swaddle suits (the ones where their hands are up). If your bubbas like being wrapped I think you can get mesh wrap suits that are super light but keep them contained? They're called aircocoon by Ergo - if we lived somewhere super hot I'd definitely get them.
    Well guess what?! Our babies are sleeping so much better now. Usually 6-6! I am starting to see a glimmer of light. We are getting full on smiles now, rolling, fingers in the mouth etc. it's amazing how quickly they are learning new things. How is everything going for you guys?

My two babies

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452156183.618538.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452156203.943230.jpg