+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Accessing medical records

Hoping someone can help. Sil needs to get copies of her medical records as proof of her treatment and diagnosis for mental health issues resulting in her missing a lot of school in year 11 and 12 (which brought her grades down). She needs it to meet eligibility criteria for special consideration with uni.

Is it possible for me to get copies of this stuff or will she need to do it herself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Perhaps ask the place where you are trying to get the records from. Eg the hospital or medical centre

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You might be able to get it if you had a signed authority from your sister, I would likely depend on what the policy of the particular centre was.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mellie29 For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Usually it needs to be applied for in writing. You could certainly do up the letter and then have her sign it. I would definitely ask the medical centres you need the info from and they'll be able to assist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I told her she should try first. Given the dramas we had just having her braces put on, I highly doubt I could even with her authority, it would probably have to be dh (its his sister).

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took 6 weeks to get my medical records from hospital and a fee of $40 so keep that in mind if you are looking fr hospital notes.
    For notes from one GP to my new one when I moved areas only took a week after requested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you are accessing from a hospital, ring their switchboard and ask for freedom of information people/liaison.
    They will send out appropriate paperwork and fees to your sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Often it is as easy as going to a go and requesting it.

Other than ring your old go and ask them to write a letter or fill out the forms.

I have done this a few times for uni stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Update:

Turns out she doesn't need them! She was accepted into her preferred course anyway!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (21-01-2015)