+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I love my itti bitti's - but I have a chubba bub.

While the AIO do take a while to dry, I'd rather leave them on the line for longer than be bother to snap or stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Thoughts on liners? bamboo or micro fibre?I just priced the itty bitty's new - $20 for the shell $12-15 for the boosters. Wowsers!
    Do you mean liners or the inserts? I have some bamboo and some micro fibre inserts and I can't really tell the difference.

Liners I was using flushable liners, but now that the solids are a bit more solid, I don't bother using any.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    yep inserts, sorry lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I started using flushable liners but they gave Bub horrible nappy rash as they don't draw moisture away from bubs bum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's what I've tried:
    Bambooty easy dry (size M) - love them! Very tight around legs & trim fitting.
    The following are one size fits most;
    Bambooty Basics - Also very trim, we only have microfibre inserts, never had a leak.
    Cushie Tushies - not as trim but simple to use. No rise snaps which I like.
    Itti Bitti Tutto - good absorbancy, super cute but I find them over complicated with all the snaps on the inserts.
    Close Pop In - ditto. They are the only ones that don't have a stay dry layer next to bub's skin.
    Alva Baby (CC) - I like them but the microfibre inserts are crap you need extra boosters. I use 1 microfibre + 1 bamboo. These are our daycare nappies.

My personal favs are bambooty & Alva baby. But every bub is different! I have bought second hand, look out for nappies which have not been used or only used a few times lots of people sell if they give up on cloth.

Apikali do an online nappy library you can try different nappies then keep or return.
    The flushable liners gave DD nappy rash & all my nappies have a suede cloth liner so I don't bother with liners now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

delirium  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    I started using flushable liners but they gave Bub horrible nappy rash as they don't draw moisture away from bubs bum.
    same for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    thanks rosie that's very helpful. Of the Alva which ones do you use? ai2, AIO, minky? and do you buy their bamboo boosters or elsewhere. Given Alva so free postage I might buy a few in different types and if I like them buy more. At 5-7 bucks a nappy with free postage and needing to keep costs low they seem the way to go.

So it sounds like liners are a no go, what you you use to catch the poop? or do the inserts serve this purpose?

With the library can someone explain the concept? you buy them new then can return them if you don't like them?
    Last edited by delirium; 14-01-2015 at 20:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You just rinse the poop off then put it in a dry bucket to be washed. If Bub has solid poops, flip it into the loo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using bambooty easy dry in medium. They are a trim fit all in one. There are two booster things sewn in that fold out to make it dry quicker. They dried fine today under cover outside on a cloudy day. They also have a sale on at the moment. Smalls are $15, mediums $16. Some come with wet bags.
    I also have some green beginnings which are ok.
    I have some second hand rumparooz which are a OSFM. I found them pretty bulky on DD and she isn't that small so I've put them away for when she's bigger.
    I don't use a liner as DD's poo is still bf liquid poo. I just rinse well then dry pail. Wash in biozet liquid every couple of days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wasn't sure MCN were for me so I just got cheapie ones off eBay. I love them. They have a microfibre insert and I use cheap bamboo flushable liners too. According to Australian water standards no flushable liners are actually flushable so I only flush the soiled ones and bin the wet ones. I find them so easy. Once worn I just remove the insert and chuck it in a bucket (dry). At night I put them through a rinse then a cooks water wash. They're hung out and dry by the next morning.