+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Always always always. I learnt from my dad that puts on a spread and continuous cups of coffee or tea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We offer water and have plastic cups for them. Occasionally I'll offer coffee. I did give one set a beer as they were technically doing body corporate window cleaning but they needed access via our balcony so cleaned our windows even though they are accessible by us. It was stinking hot and they worked hard on our windows to get some grease splatter off from the BBQ which was a great help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a massive delivery of heavy boxes that had to be unloaded by hand a few weeks back and the driver did it all on his own- ds and I weren't much help although we tried.

He was really lovely and it was stinking hot so as he finished ds says 'your all sweaty- want an ice block?'
    cute much?!
    The driver was stoked and happily drove away with his paddle pop in hand.

I offer cold water usually though. Most of them seem pretty happy with that and I think it's just nice to ask even if they say no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I always offer water too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always offer cold water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We offer cold drinks and snacks if they are here for a few days. I have seen our plumber go through his whole apprenticeship, through 2 relationships and buying his first house. Yep I am that person that chats to her tradies if they are going to be here for a while.
    We have been owner building for many years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for replies everyone. I will offer drinks everyday. I still have several cans of soft drink here from our Christmas party so will offer those up until they're gone, then it's ice cold water. I do like the idea of a jug of ice cold water with plastic cups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep - I think it's polite to offer a cold beverage. I would offer a drink to anyone who comes to my house, so a tradie is no different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just asked dp who is a tradie and he said I don't expect to be offered drinks but most people do, his opinion is he can bring his own stuff and he usually only accepts when it's stinking hot and he's forgotten his water bottle, he's very much and in and out get the job done kind of thing, he feels awkward when he's there being paid to work and they offer him things (he's a bit odd haha)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My tradies get spoiled with fresh baked goods and drinks. I feed them so they do a good job and little extras they usually just do for you if job gets complicated.