+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Abdominal migraine

I was wondering if anyone out there had experience with a suspected abdominal migraine?

My 3 year old sd has been having unexplained tummy pain for the last 2 weeks at first it was at night.... Now it seems to be during the day as well.

Sometimes it's just him pointing to his belly button saying sore... On 2 occasions he went really pale and lethargic.

On no occasion has he gone off his food so I don't think there is any nausea...

Has anyone had any experience with managing them? Were your child's symptoms the same as above?

Truthfully I had never heard of them and that's what his doctor thinks it is... But I am finding no help online and all he has suggested is nutofen... I don't know how long it will last...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I had this as a teen.. Thats what doc said it was as I had all migraine symptoms but no headaches..had sharp tummy pains diarrhoea and nausea and vomiting. My main concern was the vomiting non stop. I couldn't eat for days so was hospitalised a lot..
    I ended up on migraine meds. I hope this is not what your child has.

Oh to add.. It was mainly when I ate rich foods.. Like chocolate.. Milkshakes etc.. So if I stear away from rich foods I'm good
    Last edited by slipper; 14-01-2015 at 16:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this as a child. Mine was caused by eating brown chocolate (I could eat white and it wasn't from having too much)
    Could it be food related also?
    Thankfully I outgrew mine as I got older and I can now eat all chocolate!