DH and I have just opened another account. While the I asked if there was a limit to the number of account we could have. The lady said no and DH quickly said "don't tell her that". He was resistant in opening this account saying it was going to get confusing but I don't think it will.
1. everyday account - that pay goes into. (This account has a card)
2. A savings account - that I put $20 in a week to save for anything that needs repairs like washer, car etc (this account does not have a card)
3. Food & Fuel account - obviously for food and petrol (this account has a card)
4. Direct debit account - money goes in here to cover all bills like electric, gas, mobile, water, rent, internet, insurances, rego, ambulance, memberships, etc and the money just comes out each week or fortnight (this account does not have a card)
5. Xmas club - for Christmas
6. A second Xmas club - but I use it to save for a holiday ( I can dream)
7, 8 & 9 our kids each have an account as well. I put $10 a week away for each of them and if anyone gives them money for any it goes in here. (These do not hard cards, they don't even know about them because they are to young 3, 2 and 2)
We only have 2 cards. One has a cerise card option the other doesn't and they don't look the same.
I find that account for different things helps me keep on top of things, whatever is left in the every day account at the end of the week we can do what we like with, move it to a savings account, pay more on a bill, go to the movies, take the kids somewhere, have take away one night, etc.
Am I crazy? Or are there other people that do the same? How many accounts do you have?