+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    Peanutmonkey you just articulated my exact feelings so very well!!! I love my three boys more than anything but I do still feel sad that I'll never have a daughter. And you're so right, it's grieving the loss of something you just thought you would have. I wouldn't trade any of my boys for all the girls in the world but it doesn't stop me feeling sad for what might have been. As an aside, three boys are awesome
    I definitely agree that 3 boys is awesome, I adore watching my boys grow up together, they're best buds.

I hope the ache goes away one day, it has certainly eased off a bit since we found out DS3 was a boy but I still get a pang every time someone announces they're having a girl, or when I walk through the baby girl sections at the shops... I'd love to not feel that every time!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had 2 boys. Both times my DH had really wanted a girl. I know if we had a 3rd, I think both of us would be hoping for a girl, it be our last and it be nice to help even out the household.

During the time my DH did become a little withdrawn, but he became excited again once we started talking names and talking about whether he would look like him or me, and he cane around.
    In the end I was just happy I was having a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I definitely agree that 3 boys is awesome, I adore watching my boys grow up together, they're best buds.

I hope the ache goes away one day, it has certainly eased off a bit since we found out DS3 was a boy but I still get a pang every time someone announces they're having a girl, or when I walk through the baby girl sections at the shops... I'd love to not feel that every time!
    I so agree! I find the girls department hard to walk through and lately I've been taking more notice of families that have both genders and it still stings a bit. Mind you I have drama queen nieces who make me feel slightly better about not having a daughter 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't gone through gender disappointment. With DD2 I thought for sure she was a boy. But I love my two girls especially as they are so close in age.

if we go back for a third I really hope it'll be a boy just so I can have both and know my family is complete. I think I will have a prang of disappointment if bub 3 is a girl only because I won't go back for a forth.

im sure your hubby will be excited either way