+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeling guilty with second pregnancy

Was just wondering if anyone else feels same. I had ivf to become pregnant with my 14 month old boy and luckily it worked first time. Now I am 16 weeks pregnant naturally and feel that I'm not appreciating or thinking about the pregnancy as much as I should. Although all pregnancies should be special I almost feel like the first one was so important due to what we went through (I also ended up in hospital for 3 weeks with a chest drain as I developed severe ohss) and that as this one came easily it doesn't feel as important. I also don't have time to dwell on every pregnancy symptom as I've got a toddler to run around after and although I'm not doing anything stupid feel that I'm not paying enough attention to the pregnancy. Is it normal to feel like this?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Things change with subsequent pregnancies. You do have other priorities, but it is completely normal to feel like you do. We needed IVF both times, but took 4 goes first time and 1 go second. Unfortunately the feelings continue after they are born as you can't devote as much time to them as you did your first. However the amazing bond between my boys more than makes up for it. You will find everything goes much faster this time and the second seems to be hitting milestones before you realise it.

It happens sometimes but believe me it will change with the time. I've been through this myself and It was only a temporary phase.