+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    What do you mean? Are you saying I'm not doing the right thing?

I would want my mum to think about it and make the RIGHT choice.
    No I don't think you are doing the right thing by leaving your child in this centre.

I'm not sure why you are getting upset. You are providing us with information about many incidents involving your child and they are mostly negative ..so far

The carers weren't friendly and didn't introduce him to any if the other children.

You asked for him to have some fruit and they provided a dirty bowl with a peice of apple obviously been eaten by someone else still in the bowl.

His water bottle was empty.

He got sunburnt as they allowed your child to play outside in the hottest part of the day with no shade sails.

They gave you mostly negative feedback and said he cried a lot.

His hands weren't washed prior to eating.

But you keep sending him. And getting upset . Because what is obviously a crap centre is continuing to be what it is , a crap centre. And asking for our opinions. So you have mine. I wouldn't have sent mine the second day to be honest. Not meaning to upset you but you are asking for what we think!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

FlipFlops  (23-01-2015),Jenga  (23-01-2015),KillerHeels  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I asked opinions and I'm happy to hear them, however, I don't feel you need to be so rude about it or judgemental for that matter. At the end of the day, it is my decision to make.

My son is HAPPY, every single day that I send him, he has never cried, he has never been upset. He happily waves goodbye and gives me a big kiss. When I pick him up and I ask him how his day was, he says 'good' if I say 'were you happy or sad today?' He says 'happy!'

If my son was miserable and crying and upset at any point, I would have moved him out sooner.

No I don't think what the centre has done is good enough, but you don't know my circumstances or me or my family for that matter. There are reasons why I cannot just pull him out straight away and sign him up to a new one!

I'm trying to be reasonable and I've expressed all my concerns to the centre and surely they deserve a chance to correct their mistakes before I pull my son out and have him go through the whole thing again by starting at a new centre again? I don't care about the centre, my point is my son doesn't do that great with sudden change and he finds it difficult to express that.

That's why I asked the question and that's why I am reluctant to just move him out straight away.

Anyway, I don't have to explain myself to you. You gave me your opinion now, but your original question was quite judgemental and rude and I am not in the mood to argue with you.

Another thing is I have NO support whatsoever, I have a 1 yr old who I am struggling with, no family apart from hubby who runs his own business and works long hours, I have no one to support me with my kids or have a bit of time out for myself ever, I've only just recently started to feel better after suffering PND but I feel myself going downhill again. I cannot disrupt my sons routine again to possibly put him in another centre that I know **** all about, for them to do similar things that upset me, or worse, upset him!

I think I'm allowed to RESEARCH the best option for my son. Don't think I need to be judged for that.

Thank you to the ladies who have given supportive helpful answers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get what you are saying OP. I understand your confusion & concern. Please Trust me when I say 3/4 year olds don't know right from wrong (in this sense) they are adaptable & will find their way. They will have fun digging in the sand, won't care about clean hands, they will enjoy time with friends & running around outside without a hat/sunscreen & they won't stave if they skip a meal, HOWEVER that doesn't mean it is okay or that you should stand for it. Staff manner aside they sound down right neglectful at the very least. I hope you remove your son as soon as you can & report the centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps in regards to your above post, PND & needing assistance with care ATM, call every other centre in the area (& facing that, call a social worker) you will need to report the current centre but other centres will take your circumstances into account & at his age, should not have issues with a priority placement (especially if you get in touch with a social worker) you don't have to do it all alone or put up with substandard care, you really don't, so much help is out there if you call & tell them the truth, they will help you find better care & don't worry about him adapting, if they treat him better & provide for his needs he will thrive x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FlipFlops For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In what state is this centre?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlops View Post
    Ps in regards to your above post, PND & needing assistance with care ATM, call every other centre in the area (& facing that, call a social worker) you will need to report the current centre but other centres will take your circumstances into account & at his age, should not have issues with a priority placement (especially if you get in touch with a social worker) you don't have to do it all alone or put up with substandard care, you really don't, so much help is out there if you call & tell them the truth, they will help you find better care & don't worry about him adapting, if they treat him better & provide for his needs he will thrive x
    Thank you, I didn't know that I could get help finding him a centre to start at. I'll look into that. Hubby and I will go and see the one that I know is available early next week and see if we like that place.

I hear what you're saying about how kids adapt etc and I agree, I guess my point was just that if I felt that what was happening there was a danger or something id remove him of course, but I've spoken to them and whilst he is still there and I'm looking for somewhere new, at least they know how I feel. And of course I'll be keeping a close eye. It's not like for eg when he got a little sunburnt, I mentioned it once and didn't do anything else. We spoke to the director the same day, I have also spoken to them each day since about it, like 'I've put sunscreen on him but please reapply' etc. I've also bought him a better hat, and the sunburn has NOT happened again.

So guess what I'm trying to articulate is that if he had gotten sunburnt again for eg, i wouldn't have sent him back, so for now, me leaving him there, I know he's 'ok' as he's not upset, he's not getting sunburnt, and in the meantime I am actively seeking other places for him and even researching reviews from other parents at the current daycare as well as the new ones I'm interested in.

I know your reply wasn't implying that I wasn't, but the one from sunny girl really made me feel like **** as if I wasn't doing the right thing by my son. I am and I will.

I'm just a bit over that as I don't need it right now, so just explaining what's actually happening.

Not like I'm sitting back saying 'yeah he'll be right'

Again, I can't just pick a centre out of a hat because most of the good ones are full, and the rest of them, well I have no idea if they are good or not. No point in rushing to move him to somewhere else I am not happy with.

Anyway thanks for your reply and being helpful

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

FlipFlops  (25-01-2015)