+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone I'll update later

Thanks
    Reviews
    If u can take him out then please do. Ds was unhappy for a year and I didn't see it. Now he is in a centre daycare and so happy its obvious he was so sad before and that breaks my heart that I forced him to go to the daycare he hated for so long without realising..
    Try another centre.. Giving a dirty fruit bowl is unacceptable. Poor bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tomorrow is his 2nd day, I'll be watching very closely, and if I still feel upset by it I will take him out. I have rung a couple of places today but haven't got replies yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't send my child there another day..not another second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    I'd be upset by what you have observed without even adding what your son told you into the mix. I would be horrified if any of the educators at work acted like that.
    Agree with this. Just the fact his water bottle was empty and they hadn't offered him any fruit would have p***** me off,let alone the things he told you. I would voice your unhappiness and say you expect better, you will be dropping in randomly to check on him and if it doesn't improve you will make a complaint or pull him out. I don't think it's an over reaction when they are responsible for your child's safety, you are just being a good mother.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today everything I hates on Tuesday was better.

Only problem is DS got a tiny bit sunburnt 😩 have spoken to the carer and director about it. They r waiting for shade sails to be put up in the outdoor area which apparently should be done by early feb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sunburnt?
    Did they not apply sunscreen & have hats on?
    At my Dd2's daycare when i sign her in i apply sunscreen and tick next to her name that ive done it.
    It gets re-applied before they go out again after lunch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put some on before I took him in, they have outside play in blaring sun 3 times per day, apparently around 40 mins at lunch time, as well as first thing in the morning and last thing in arvo.

The carer reckons they reapply sunscreen twice. I saw the one they use, it's 50+. When we picked him up his cheek and ear were red, he had been playing in the sandpit. When I looked closer there was a small blob of sunscreen on his ear which hadn't been rubbed in, so they must have reapplied it at some stage?

He has quite fair skin, but I have to say I've never seen him sunburnt DH meticulous at applying sunscreen on him as DH is a red head and DS is blonde and fair skinned. It is not 'bad' sunburn, but it was definitely red. Also a little red on his neck.

He doesn't yet have a wide rimmed hat (just a peak) and that is my fault as he hasn't needed one at the last daycare as everything was shaded so I should have got a wide rimmed hat, but even so, I would have thought correctly applied sunscreen would have taken care of his ear and cheek.

I'm going out tomorrow to buy him a couple of wide rimmed hats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    40mins at lunch time is not sun safe at all. My childcare has shades over the yard and I still don't take the kids out at lunch time as the shades wouldn't fully protect them.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (16-01-2015),BettyW  (16-01-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (16-01-2015),sunnyflower  (23-01-2015),TheGooch  (16-01-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (16-01-2015),WiseOldOwl  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We also have spare hats for children that don't have wide brimmed hats.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

ThenThereWereThree  (16-01-2015)