+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default How many feeds a day for 11 month old?

I was just curious (again ) what everyone's done for breastfeeds during the day around 11 months? I'm unsure if I'm doing too much or just enough. I actually had a pediatric dietician appointment last week and asked her, in regards to nutrition, it not interfering with solids, etc and what her recommendation is and she just said it's up to me, that it's a personal choice since breastfeeding is comfort, drink, etc. I get that, but I just wanted her thoughts. Grrrrr.

I'm not sure when I'll be ready to wean him. I thought I'd stop at a year but we're nearly there and I don't think I'm ready!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    When I am at home my boy has
    7am big feed
    11/12ish medium-small feed
    6:30pm big feed

When I am at work
    7am big feed
    6:30pm big feed

He eats solids really well plenty of yoghurt etc. when he turns 12 months I will give him cows milk during the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm BFing my son 4 times during the day and once or twice over night. Now I'm back at work, I'm really trying to cut back. I'm over it! I'll try morning and night and as pp said, lots of other dairy during the day. Cows milk at 12 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At 11 months I still demand fed- still a pretty big part of overall nutrition. I would say we averaged about 6-7 feeds a day by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just fed on demand, neither of my babes showed much interest in solids until around 18 months so it was comforting to know they were getting all the good stuff from me. Still feeding on demand at 20 months now and starting to get the jack of it.
    Personally I don't think you can feed too much when they are that age, they seem to self regulate well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At 11mths both mine were demand fed but avg 5-7 feeds a day. I don't encourage too many solids till after 12mths old.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    At 11 months I still demand fed- still a pretty big part of overall nutrition. I would say we averaged about 6-7 feeds a day by then.
    That many feeds during the day or in a 24 hour period?

He usually has 4 during the day. When he wakes up, after morning nap, after afternoon nap and bedtime.

I won't go into overnight...😐

Morning, mid-morning and bedtime he definitely wants although mid-morning is usually very quick. Mid-afternoon he doesn't seem to care about. Sometimes I skip it, sometimes he does.

His diet in regards to solids is very good, the dietician was impressed .

I just wasn't sure if I should just be doing three feeds during the day. Morning, afternoon, bedtime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At that age, I think my daughter had about 3-5.
    She had just gone from ONLY feeding in the dark when half asleep, to sometimes asking when up and awake, so I was happy to oblige.

Completely up to you...you can do a scheduled 3 if you want, or stick with what you're doing. I'd say you didn't get any extra advice because it really is a personal decision, where pretty much any choice is a good one if you're happy with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same as Atropos above. We fed a lot at that age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Same as Atropos above. We fed a lot at that age.
    My nightlife is currently how yours was a few months ago. I don't even look at the clock anymore to know when he fed as I find it depressing!