+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone's bub still in 00's and not gaining

Hello ladies, I'm seeing a health nurse this week but I'm wondering if your bub (7 months old) is just eating and not gaining much weight and if still in still size 00. Is this normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not much help, but I do know that they slow down quite a bit at the age my bub is almost 6 months and has slowed down a bit from what he was gaining, one of my girlfriends Bub is nearly 1 year old and weighs 7kg. As long as you get a wet nappies and she's happy and not crying to much I would think it is fine if your worried you should see your go the growth chart also helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally normal.
    My dd is still in some 00s and mostly 0s. 1s are huge on her and singlets look like dresses. She is 16mths. Weighs less than 10kg and was 4kg at birth.

She eats like a machine. Had been on formula supplements from 6mths and no developmental delays at all. She walks she babbles, says some words , understands us and points to what she wants and she can put the right shapes into the little shape sorter holes. : )

The curve of 'normal' weight is just an average. So there is a big variance in what is considered normal.
    I would use Bubs development more as an indication of being on track. Does she support herself, sit unaided, listen, babble, recognise faces etc. Crawling, beginning to stand and so on.
    Is she happy?
    Sleep well but not lethargic and does she pee and poop.

These usually mean more in terms of healthy growth than just a number on a scale

On the plus side you save a lot of money getting good life out of clothes and they stay super cute and squishy for longer. We always joke that dd is a pixie cause she's so little

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

jellybelly90  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter was still in some 00s at 9 months and in 0 pants after 18 months. Very healthy and happy, just on the smaller side. I wouldn't be concerned.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally normal in my house. Ds is almost 9 months and still 00 he might be able to go in some 0 I just haven't tried. My dd was exactly the same as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Anyone's bub still in 00's and not gaining

Dd was still in 00 at that age, even some 000 still fit her back then.
    She was exactly on the average for weight and height for her age. I wouldn't worry about it.

She's just about to turn 1 and in 0's and 1's now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girl was born 2.5kg and lost over 10% of birth weight! I get dirty and wet nappies! she's happy has her meals and milk, doesn't crawl, or sit on her own. Neither did my boy until 9 months.

She's a vey happy girl. So I shouldn't be concerned? I would she be a size 1 at one you think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is very common particularly in breastfed babies for their weight to plateau from 6 months.
    My dd always had a great weight gain until 6 months then it basically stopped.

Charts are not the be all and end all. Hitting milestones, wet nappies and regular bowel movements and that bubs is active and (mostly) happy are what need to be considered.

Fwiw my dd hit size 0 at 12 months. She's almost 2yo and completely fine. Small, but fine

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi nafsika, size one or size 0 at one year, I would think either would be ok. my granddaughter is 8months but I don't know her weight. she is in in 00 mostly. she is thriving. marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    My girl was born 2.5kg and lost over 10% of birth weight! I get dirty and wet nappies! she's happy has her meals and milk, doesn't crawl, or sit on her own. Neither did my boy until 9 months.

She's a vey happy girl. So I shouldn't be concerned? I would she be a size 1 at one you think.
    Dd was born at 2.7kg, very tiny and petite, stayed that way for months and then made up for it when she got a bit older and really started loving her food.

Since she started walking more she has thinned out again.