+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Subbing. DS is 9 months and I'm sure the next 3 will pass like lightning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We did a barnyard theme for DS 1st birthday a few months ago. I got the invites from esty, ordered cups, plates and decorations online and had a barnyard 'number 1' cake made. I did my own foil helium balloons (tractor, pig, cow etc.) with a helium kit from spotlight. I hired a kids trestle table (a trestle table with the legs sawn off) and some kids sized chairs from a local party supply place from the local paper. We also splashed out and had a petting zoo with rabbits, guinea pigs, sheep, goats and a kid. Everyone had a ball.

We went all out for this birthday but won't be doing something like this every year. Next one may be when he's 5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No theme. Plates and cups etc. were just number 1, and I just made whatever cake I fancied and figured I could pull off at the time. No need to make it a theme.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, we didn't do a theme as such. I did a blue number 1 cake for DS and then had blue and green napkins/tablecloths and banner with whales on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's really up to you and its the only year u can pretty much pick wat theme you want caz every year after that they understand and will tell you wat they want I had sesame street theme and went all out pretty much with table clothes plate napkins cake I was even goin to hire a elmo to come but I didn't go that far but it's up to you caz themes can be costly aswell as nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I didn't. Do 12 month olds really have interests that require themes? lol I did themes once they got 3 or 4 but now they are primary aged themed parties are becoming uncool

Kids parties have got so out of control!

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Your little one will be vying for a fist full of cake, a mouthful of wrapping paper and revelling in all the attention - no theme required!
    Save your brainpower and pennies for when your little one develops real interests and stick with something easy and colourful.
    I've always considered the first birthday as much of a milestone for the child as it is for the parents. For that reason, keep it simple and enjoy this very special day for what it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like themes and did for mine but obviously not essential! Dd's was lady bug theme and just number 1 theme for ds

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think so, we will be having a 1st birthday/christening for our son!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess we had themes but didn't go OTT. DD was obsessed with ducks, so we had a duck on the invite and a duck cake. DS loves Giggle & Hoot so we had Hoot invites, bunting, candle and cupcake holders.