+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First birthday theme? Does it even need one?

DS's first birthday has come around way too quickly!!
    Did you have a theme for your LO's first birthday?

I can't come up with anything - his main interest is electrical cords... 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I always thought the first birthdays came around fast too!

All four of mine never had a 'theme' and with their cakes, I have always tried to stay clear of commercial/licenced type themes and made their cakes anything bar.

But that's just me, OP, there are no rules, you can do and have whatever you please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have a theme- I just chose a cake that I liked and was quite simple to do. And I just chose a couple of colours for decorations (balloons, ******ers etc) that matched the colours I had in the cake

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I didn't have a theme as such, I just did everything is rainbow colours. It was really easy because anything goes and the more colours the better. I did a rainbow swirl cake which was just plain cake mix coloured 6 different colours and swirled together, so easy and looked great. Then an assortment of coloured balloons and a multi colour lolly and fruit buffet, and I found a great colourful little dress for her. It really looked great, I would do it again.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (12-01-2015),smallpotatoes  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default First birthday theme? Does it even need one?

Yes! You need a theme so you can match cake, decorations and invites! DS fav toy was a pirate turtle and he had a pirate rattle so we had a pirate theme for his first birthday - had a pirate cake ( made to look like his rattle) and as we had heaps of older kids did pirate themed games plus all the adults wore pirate hats/eye patches - so cool looking back at the photos now!

My niece and nephew had a farmyard theme for their first and I just hosted my nieces 1st birthday Under the Sea theme as her fav toy is an octopus! ( again everyone dressed up as the theme and it was awesome)

Does he have any fav toys he likes and you could go from there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had a 'cow' theme cause we call our bub Millie-Mae mooface lol. I made her a cow cake and we decorated in cow colours. Basically cow tablecloth, cow bunting, black and white plates/napkins, big black splodges on all the lounge walls, helium cows with legs that were 'grazing' in the garden lol and then loads of cow splodge helium balloons.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1421034767.279764.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1421034805.155584.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used the nursery themes for first birthdays, DD butterflies/garden, DS1 cheeky monkey and DS2 will have planes/trains/boats.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I'm not having a theme. I dont see the point. Its not like ds is into anything...other than b.oobs. haha Still will be a great party without a theme.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did rainbow theme for her first birthday, nursery rhymes for her second which I think could work for a first birthday as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    DS1 had a monkey theme as his nickname was Monkey

DS2 was obsessed with matchbox cars, so he had a car theme with a number 1 cake with a road on it.

DS3 had a Lorax Theme for his birthday, I am Dr Suess obsessed, his room is decorated like Cat in The Hat also