+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Oh I totally agree we do. I came very close to striking DS lay week and ended up pelting his dummy across the room very hard (in the opposite direction). It scared the bejesus out of both us. I really do get that there could have been 100 (or 2 or 5) things that led to that moment in woolies.

But part of the reason that I felt/feel so awful is because it was a chain of events started by me, which is why I started this thread.

Also, to clarify cos I realise I didn't write it properly, the mother didn't slap her daughter actually in the face - it was more like she slapped her on the arm then held on and shook her for a second. Still unpleasant but nothing a like a slap in the face. I would have made a report if that had occurred.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Oh I totally agree we do. I came very close to striking DS lay week and ended up pelting his dummy across the room very hard (in the opposite direction). It scared the bejesus out of both us. I really do get that there could have been 100 (or 2 or 5) things that led to that moment in woolies.

But part of the reason that I felt/feel so awful is because it was a chain of events started by me, which is why I started this thread.

Also, to clarify cos I realise I didn't write it properly, the mother didn't slap her daughter actually in the face - it was more like she slapped her on the arm then held on and shook her for a second. Still unpleasant but nothing a like a slap in the face. I would have made a report if that had occurred.
    I highly doubt you started the chain of events. For all you know she might have just come from a fruit shop where she'd licked every piece of fruit and been told off for not disciplining her dd... you don't really know what led to that moment... just that I'm sure it wasn't her finest parenting moment and sadly you were part of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You didn't do anything wrong, I would've said something too. So many people eat fruit & veg without washing it and I wouldn't be impressed if I had eaten that cherry.
    The mum overreacted and acted horribly to her poor kid and to you. It's disgusting behavior

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had to come back and find this thread after reading an article in the current women's weekly. It was about a mother who was arrested for slapping her son in the face for taking a bite out of an apple while they were shopping.

I really thought it was the same incident mostly because I couldn't imagine this being a common occurrence. So sad that this sort of thing happens.

http://m.aww.com.au/family/parenting...jail-sentence/

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people are just f***wits to put it plainly. Some people are just bullies. I had a woman go ballistic at my kids in a shopping centre playground. I said to my boys just walk away I don't know what happened but just walk away. She turned and started screaming at me my boys had her boy on the ground and were kicking him which is really out of character for my boys… I mean i go to loads of parks with them and they never get in fights ever. She just went ballistic at me and i was like hey lady don't you dare yell at my kids. She came up to my face leant down (she was a step above me) shoved her finger in my face and screamed "You don't wanna get me started!" I let her have it and I pointed my finger in her face and repeated it back to her.

She really wasn't counting on someone standing up to her but seriously no one bullies my kids or anyone or me and doesn't get a serve from me. I guess I don't have too much of an issue with conflict but she scurried off when she realised that she probably shouldn't be screaming at me considering i'm muscular and covered in tattoos… I wouldn't actually hurt anyone though lol… But security guard told me her husband is a bikie and I was just like hmmm ok so you think you can go around and bully people because no one will say anything.

So I think it's good you guys said something because I've dealt with people like this before and they solely do these things because they know that people are too scared to confront them. My experience is with these people are they are just jerks and you have to put them in their place because at the end of the day they are cowards.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I would have just picked the cherry up and put it in the bin, I probably wouldn't have said anything to the little girl - maybe the mother.

That being said though, I agree that it was a complete overreaction from the mother.
    I would have put it in the bin. Not my place to say anything to either the child or the mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default So upset I'm shaking

Last edited by harvs; 23-03-2015 at 08:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Just reposting this since you obviously missed my response to that comment the first time.
    Sorry, wasn't my intention to restart a debate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Sorry, wasn't my intention to restart a debate.
    Don't be sorry!

Thanks for posting the article x