+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh my gosh that's awful! That poor little girl having a mother like that. Big hugs harvs. I had a similar incident last week with a mother going ballistic at me for gently asking her child to not kick mine. It left me shaky for ages.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    That's the thing, I really get being at the end of your tether. Believe me, I get that :-) I could almost cope with just the yelling but for her to lay hands on her made me feel sick.
    @meredithgrey I did think about doing that but I wasn't sure exactly which one it was. The manager just calmly suggested she buy a 'handful' of cherries from around the spot and the mum was like 'I guess I'm buying ****ing cherries today then too.' Then the manager said 'look, I'm a mum and it makes me really uncomfortable to see this behaviour,' which I thought was a good thing to say. So, poor little poppet :-(

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (12-01-2015),HollyGolightly81  (12-01-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (12-01-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    The manager sounds really good.

Karma will bite that mum on the bum, hopefully sooner than later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would have felt really upset too. And if this mum is doing this in public, what is she doing in private. Poor little girl.

Good on your Harvs for saying something.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

Cardi  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'm feeling a little bit sick just reading that, I can only imagine how you felt. When I was reading your post, I was expecting you to say the mother screamed at you, I never expected she would've slapped her little girl in the face for something so simple. Heartbreaking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If she can act like that in public, I hate to think what happens at home

How sickening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, a slap in the face is way too harsh!
    Agree with others @harvs, you didn't do anything wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd share a little story that happened to me. Normally I am a non smacker and prefer time out but readily admit that I have crossed the line on a few occasions and given my kids a smack when they have really pushed my buttons.

While my dh was working away Last year, my 4 yr old dd and 5 yr old ds were really giving me grief this one day (normally they are pretty well behaved but like every kid they have their moments). I was exhausted. Dd had refused about 5 things id offered her for breakfast and even getting out the door was a total nightmare with constant bickering, arguing and answering back.

I remember taking them shopping in the supermarket and it was a horrible experience. On the way to the car park I had to stop by the fruit shop and then the bakery. At the fruit shop, both kids kept putting their fingers all over the food and picking it up... I patiently disciplined both of them as calmly and best as I could. My dd wanted avocado's (which were $5 each at the time, out of season) and made a bid song and dance about how she wouldn't eat anything else but avocado toast for breakfast. I bought the avacado's and she carried them in her own little plastic bag.

We then went to the bakery and dd wanted a cup cake. I said no. dd squawked and carried on and then threw her plastic bag with her very expensive avocado's on the bakery floor so hard they split everywhere.

I just lost it.. it was the final straw. I yelled at her and smacked her on the bum. Everyone in the bakery was looking at me in horror and the shop assistant was giving me the most disgusted look. With tears in my eyes I scooped the mashed avocado's off the floor grabbed my wailing dd and my defiant ds and went home. I locked myself in my room and had a good cry... then came out spoke to dd about how I was sorry and it was wrong to smack her but I was upset her behaviour was out of hand and we moved on and enjoyed the rest of our day.

My kids are normally really great kids and normally Im a really great mum... but we had a really bad day that day and if you were someone in that bakery that would have been all you saw... not the 99 other times I responded calmly with patience that morning.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (13-01-2015),emena  (13-01-2015),Lissymama  (22-03-2015),Msbowie  (22-03-2015),SAgirl  (22-03-2015),TableDancer  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You did absolutely nothing wrong @harvs.. complete over reaction from the mum.. there is absolutely no need for that kind of behaviour.
    I'd much prefer to be told my LO had licked a cherry and put it back too..

It must have been the day for it yesterday, I was walking out of our local supermarket and saw a mum yelling and screaming at her boy calling him every name under the sun all with a long neck bundy rum.. she yanked the poor little boy so hard up off his feet because he'd dropped something and clearly was walking quick enough for her 😟 poor kid looked like he hadn't had a bath for weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I don't think you did any wrong @harvs and I agree the mum did react harshly, I'm guessing the poor woman had one of those days.

We've all had them....

Last week after getting up 4 times overnight to the baby I had a cracking headache, my LO squawked non stop the whole way around coles like a possessed child.

After howling non stop at the register to be picked up when I finally did, she gauged my eye.

I was at the end of my tether and she got a smack on the hand as she scratched my eyeball.

We all have rough days.