+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband is going to Florida for a expenses paid course for 3 weeks when Bub is 6 months old. It's an opportunity of a lifetime that he won't get again. Your bun will be looked after, safe and won't be effected by 3 weeks away! We are not only "mum" we are people too and this will give you so much as a person experience wise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    I have to say yes or no by the end of the week. My partner has said that he wishes he could go too.
    Say yes. I probably would have said when my kids were babies if I'm honest because the idea of leaving my babies for three weeks would have just been something I didn't think I could do. However, I was looking at travelling for my degree for a month over this break by myself. I couldn't do it due to costs, but if it was covered I would have packed my bags and said 'see you later kids.'
    I would absolutely, 100%, without a doubt be different in the way I viewed parenthood with a baby if I had one now to what I did when my kids were babies.

You have your partner and MIL backing you. It's three weeks of your baby's life. I know that if my DH had been given the opportunity of a lifetime when we had babies he would have jumped at the chance and I would have supported him. It just took me a long time to realise that I too could start saying yes to things that were for me and me alone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go ahead and do it. I know it's not exactly the same, but my husband was offered an expenses paid overseas course for 3 weeks when our son was just over a year old - he's so glad he did it. He may not have had the opportunity to do it again and he got to experience a part of the world that we probably would never choose for a holiday on our own. Although at the time, our son started walking while he was away...but a year and a bit on, he has absolutely no regrets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do it, do it, do it! If your DH is okay with it then seriously, go. It sounds like it would be a life changing experience in so many positive ways. I can imagine that kind of trip helps you discover and build on your strengths and resilience as well as all the educational and career benefits.

Ask yourself what you think you would be more likely to regret: going or not going? And that will tell you your answer.