+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Long and lots of questions...

Hi All,

I had bloods taken last Wed and a pelvic ultrasound on Friday (before I saw the doctor to hear the results).

The ultrasound showed a little sac, good position and it measured around 5weeks 3days. But as I have PCOS and very irregular periods, we didn't have a last period to go off.

The ultrasound tech said it could be anywhere between 4-5 weeks 3days, although it's measuring at 5 weeks 3 days, without the results from the blood test he couldn't confirm for sure.

He also said that if I had the results from the blood test and they matched the 5 weeks 3 days that he would have done an internal to check for a HB.

Anyway, I left feeling, well like I had no answers.

Got results at doctors same day, all looked good.

HCG 5492 IU/l

According to the paper, 100-5000 time after conception of 2-3 weeks (so about 4-5 weeks)

And 500-10000 time after conception of 3-4 weeks (so about 5-6 weeks along).

So going off HCG, am I on the right train of thought to assume the scan was probably right for around 5 weeks 3 days ish? Or am I more likely 4-5 weeks?

Asked the doctor if I needed to have another scan to confirm but he said it's not necessary and well March is so far away for the 12 week scan. Feel like I can't be happy as I don't know for certain there's a HB.

My ovaries are so heavily cysted they look like clouds so I am really happy it's happened but I know me and I'll spend the next 7 weeks thinking "what if" because we didn't see the HB.

Should I wait until 12 weeks or would it be okay to ask for another scan in a week or two?

At what stage can a HB be seen with a pelvic ultrasound and not an internal?

Another question, I first got symptoms around Dec 15 (extremely tired, very very sore breasts/nipples, bloated, upset stomach, head aches, dizziness, smelling everything, need to go to the toilet all the time, cramps) and they have remained constant since. Until about a week ago when they all stopped except the tiredness and my breasts have grown about 2 sizes but aren't sore anymore.

I asked the doctor about that and he didn't seem phased. Is it normal to lose symptoms? Almost all of them?

With DD I was so so so so sick all the time, I had 24/7 morning sickness until the day I gave birth, so having the opposite with all symptoms is worrying me a little.

Anyway I'll stop there before this post becomes longer then the entire LOTR series. Thank you for reading 😊

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry i can't answer your questions but i couldn't read and not reply. Wishing you the very best, it's so hard not knowing for sure and wanting to know right now *big hugs*

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would ask for another scan for peace of mind, and try to get in in about 1-2 weeks. You should be able to see a heart beat by then.

As for symptoms i wouldn't be overly concerned. Every pregnancy is different. My 1st 3 i was bed ridden until 4 or months (3rd was the worst), but my 4th i had nothing.

Good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like you are in the grey area where it all looks like it's going ok but too early for a heartbeat to know for sure. Your bloods are not conclusive and don't tell you much without a follow up test to see if they are rising. Without LMP dates it's hard to say if the scan was on track. If I was you I would ask for a repeat scan 7-10 days after the first to see what's happening. There's no way I could wait until 12 weeks - chances are everything is perfectly fine but I am an anxious sort.

I wouldn't worry about your symptoms- they will come and go. Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Riri For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I'm sorry i can't answer your questions but i couldn't read and not reply. Wishing you the very best, it's so hard not knowing for sure and wanting to know right now *big hugs*
    Thanks Gothel I really appreciate it. Maybe I just don't do "patience" well, but with my history and the PCOS, I would of been happy having a bit more firm news not a bunch of maybes

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations. I would be insisting on a dating scan. The one you have already had does not sound like it has given you an accurate EDD. Ideally your dating scan would be at about 7 weeks. So I would insist on a repeat ultrasound in approx 2 weeks.
    I know lots of people who at this early stage think having your dates out by a weeks or so is not a big deal but it really can be a huge deal when you are talking about an induction date later down the line.
    If your gp won't give you a referral then just see another gp.
    In regards to the symptoms easing off.... I am not really sure but everyone's body responds differently to pregnancy so I think you should remain confident. Good luck. X

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long and lots of questions...

Thanks so much ladies!

I hate the grey area, I really appreciate the replies. I will try and enjoy the lack of symptoms whilst I have them

Re the scan, I think I will ask for an earlier scan than 12 weeks, a dating scan. I might see if I can organise one for later next week sometime (allowing around 2 weeks from the other scan).

Thank you again so much

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, the doctor gave me my blood test results to book in for the antenatal clinic, should I bother booking in this week or just wait until I have another scan?

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Thanks Gothel I really appreciate it. Maybe I just don't do "patience" well, but with my history and the PCOS, I would of been happy having a bit more firm news not a bunch of maybes
    I know how you feel (kind of - i don't presume to know exactly how you feel but i was beside myself in the early days of both my pregnancies because of my endo history). It's just such a hit and miss thing, finding a HB early on, from what I've read in the forum and heard from friends. Do you know at what stage they can reliably find a HB, 7 8 or 9 weeks? March is a long time to wait but if you go back to soon it just might be hard for you to get more maybes, you know? So frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I know how you feel (kind of - i don't presume to know exactly how you feel but i was beside myself in the early days of both my pregnancies because of my endo history). It's just such a hit and miss thing, finding a HB early on, from what I've read in the forum and heard from friends. Do you know at what stage they can reliably find a HB, 7 8 or 9 weeks? March is a long time to wait but if you go back to soon it just might be hard for you to get more maybes, you know? So frustrating!
    Maybe I need to take up drawing again to distract myself lol.

I see what you are saying and that's a great point. If I'm super super early then 2 weeks may not be enough. Hrmmm.

I'll endeavour to be distracted until I can't be distracted anymore

So frustrating...