Closed Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I am so sorry that you had a hectic day, but the bolded section did make me smile. I hope your DH wasn't hurt.

I am feeling extreme mother guilt/frustration about the fact that I work full time (not really my choice, but this is a good job and these are the available hours). I just feel like a second rate school mum. We got the note home about school banking and I just don't see how I can make this happen. The parents are meant to drop the money off at 8.15 but i work from 8-4.30, and DH is busy with work at that time and we rely on before school care and I assume they would not be handling money. I feel like a total dud.
    Call the school and see if you can make a special arrangement for your child to bring the money in.
    It's not a CBA rule to have parents drop it in, because kids at my school are in charge of their own banking, so it will be a rule of the schools for the parents to bring it in. Surely they can make an exception for working parents who aren't available at that time.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I am so sorry that you had a hectic day, but the bolded section did make me smile. I hope your DH wasn't hurt.

I am feeling extreme mother guilt/frustration about the fact that I work full time (not really my choice, but this is a good job and these are the available hours). I just feel like a second rate school mum. We got the note home about school banking and I just don't see how I can make this happen. The parents are meant to drop the money off at 8.15 but i work from 8-4.30, and DH is busy with work at that time and we rely on before school care and I assume they would not be handling money. I feel like a total dud.
    My children take their own school banking in as well. Their bank books stay in their school bag till class time and then they put them in the 'white basket' that goes to the office. If parents had to drop it off 3/4 of the kids would miss out.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] RaryGirl View Post
    My children take their own school banking in as well. Their bank books stay in their school bag till class time and then they put them in the 'white basket' that goes to the office. If parents had to drop it off 3/4 of the kids would miss out.
    There is an info session this week, but I'm not sure if I will be able to get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I am disappointed with the comments on madonnas outfit at the Grammy awards. It makes me think feminism has a long way to go when we judge a woman looks based solely for dressing in what makes her feel good.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In bed enjoying morning cuddles with DD watching Care Bears

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    feeling loved by my MIL

She is staying with me to help out with DD while DH is overseas and today she paid for my hair to be done, brought me a gorgeous handbag, got DD some luggage, boots, outfits and paid for a fortnights worth of groceries AND daycare!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wissa For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (10-02-2015),New Hope  (11-02-2015),teenie  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wissa View Post
    feeling loved by my MIL

She is staying with me to help out with DD while DH is overseas and today she paid for my hair to be done, brought me a gorgeous handbag, got DD some luggage, boots, outfits and paid for a fortnights worth of groceries AND daycare!!
    Where can I get a MIL like this!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I am about to brave the horrible heat for my need of chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I am very happy with my dinner! I want more but there is none and I'm full. Chilli crab, salt and pepper squid, grilled mackerel and jalapeño poppers with a side salad. I should have taken a photo but I couldn't wait to eat it! All home made and caught by us except the squid. That was prepackaged to cook at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I am very happy with my dinner! I want more but there is none and I'm full. Chilli crab, salt and pepper squid, grilled mackerel and jalapeño poppers with a side salad. I should have taken a photo but I couldn't wait to eat it! All home made and caught by us except the squid. That was prepackaged to cook at home.
    Yummmmmm...that sounds aMAZing. You can come cook at my place any time you like!