Closed Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 991
  1. #591
    Mod-Nomsie's Avatar
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    23,657
    Thanks
    6,899
    Thanked
    7,026
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I am so sorry that you had a hectic day, but the bolded section did make me smile. I hope your DH wasn't hurt.

    I am feeling extreme mother guilt/frustration about the fact that I work full time (not really my choice, but this is a good job and these are the available hours). I just feel like a second rate school mum. We got the note home about school banking and I just don't see how I can make this happen. The parents are meant to drop the money off at 8.15 but i work from 8-4.30, and DH is busy with work at that time and we rely on before school care and I assume they would not be handling money. I feel like a total dud.
    Call the school and see if you can make a special arrangement for your child to bring the money in.
    It's not a CBA rule to have parents drop it in, because kids at my school are in charge of their own banking, so it will be a rule of the schools for the parents to bring it in. Surely they can make an exception for working parents who aren't available at that time.

  2. #592
    Mod-RaryGirl's Avatar
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In paradise
    Posts
    20,311
    Thanks
    1,079
    Thanked
    3,276
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I am so sorry that you had a hectic day, but the bolded section did make me smile. I hope your DH wasn't hurt.

    I am feeling extreme mother guilt/frustration about the fact that I work full time (not really my choice, but this is a good job and these are the available hours). I just feel like a second rate school mum. We got the note home about school banking and I just don't see how I can make this happen. The parents are meant to drop the money off at 8.15 but i work from 8-4.30, and DH is busy with work at that time and we rely on before school care and I assume they would not be handling money. I feel like a total dud.
    My children take their own school banking in as well. Their bank books stay in their school bag till class time and then they put them in the 'white basket' that goes to the office. If parents had to drop it off 3/4 of the kids would miss out.

  3. #593
    SpecialPatrolGroup's Avatar
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the messy house, Brisbane
    Posts
    9,481
    Thanks
    2,180
    Thanked
    5,405
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] RaryGirl View Post
    My children take their own school banking in as well. Their bank books stay in their school bag till class time and then they put them in the 'white basket' that goes to the office. If parents had to drop it off 3/4 of the kids would miss out.
    There is an info session this week, but I'm not sure if I will be able to get there.

  4. #594
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,200
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked
    721
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I am disappointed with the comments on madonnas outfit at the Grammy awards. It makes me think feminism has a long way to go when we judge a woman looks based solely for dressing in what makes her feel good.

  5. #595
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In bed enjoying morning cuddles with DD watching Care Bears

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (10-02-2015)

  7. #596
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked
    238
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    feeling loved by my MIL

    She is staying with me to help out with DD while DH is overseas and today she paid for my hair to be done, brought me a gorgeous handbag, got DD some luggage, boots, outfits and paid for a fortnights worth of groceries AND daycare!!

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wissa For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (10-02-2015),New Hope  (11-02-2015),teenie  (11-02-2015)

  9. #597
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    651
    Thanked
    377
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wissa View Post
    feeling loved by my MIL

    She is staying with me to help out with DD while DH is overseas and today she paid for my hair to be done, brought me a gorgeous handbag, got DD some luggage, boots, outfits and paid for a fortnights worth of groceries AND daycare!!
    Where can I get a MIL like this!!!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

    FrothyFrog  (10-02-2015)

  11. #598
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,087
    Thanks
    1,179
    Thanked
    1,566
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I am about to brave the horrible heat for my need of chocolate.

  12. #599
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,718
    Thanks
    3,789
    Thanked
    3,838
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I am very happy with my dinner! I want more but there is none and I'm full. Chilli crab, salt and pepper squid, grilled mackerel and jalapeño poppers with a side salad. I should have taken a photo but I couldn't wait to eat it! All home made and caught by us except the squid. That was prepackaged to cook at home.

  13. #600
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    374
    Thanked
    352
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I am very happy with my dinner! I want more but there is none and I'm full. Chilli crab, salt and pepper squid, grilled mackerel and jalapeño poppers with a side salad. I should have taken a photo but I couldn't wait to eat it! All home made and caught by us except the squid. That was prepackaged to cook at home.
    Yummmmmm...that sounds aMAZing. You can come cook at my place any time you like!


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Philips AVENT Australia
Pregnancy and early parenthood is an exciting and challenging time, but it’s good to know there is expert advice on hand to ensure that your baby gets the best start in life.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!