Closed Thread
Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tossing up whether to make proper lamingtons or cupcakes with Lamington tops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Scared. I've just ducked down to a local hairdressers to get a colour as I don't have enough time to go to my usual stylist. They've so far vaselined up my face and ears and asked me if I just want my regrowth coloured. I have a feeling I'm going to regret this.
    My hairdresser for 10yrs has always put Vaseline on my hairline and ears, I just thought it was the old fashioned way of doing it, it's a family business for many generations. I'm glad she does as my head stains a treat the older I get but I think I have some pigmentation issues anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    My hairdresser for 10yrs has always put Vaseline on my hairline and ears, I just thought it was the old fashioned way of doing it, it's a family business for many generations. I'm glad she does as my head stains a treat the older I get but I think I have some pigmentation issues anyway.
    I know it's common, I just wish they at least told me they were going to do it really. The lady didn't talk to me the entire time she was doing my hair. She plonked a colour chart in my lap and told me to pick a colour and started slathering on the Vaseline. That was the only thing she said to me. I think I just felt a bit blown away at how different it was to my usual salon. From what I can tell though, the colour is ok. My hair is still slightly wet but looks alright. I don't think I will be cheating on my stylist again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Tossing up whether to make proper lamingtons or cupcakes with Lamington tops.
    Oooooohhh cupcakes with lamination tops. I've never heard of such a creature but sounds good! If you do it, will you post a pic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Oooooohhh cupcakes with lamination tops. I've never heard of such a creature but sounds good! If you do it, will you post a pic?
    I don't even know if it's going to work lol. It's just going to be less messy (I hope) than making proper lamingtons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    It is actually quite easy @M'LadyEm I make them all the time. The trick is to make the icing runny so you can dip the top of the cupcake in the icing then dip it in the coconut. Mmm now I want Lamington cupcakes! !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Having a forced rest with DS2. He woke up from his nap upset so I lay down on my bed with him and now my arm is stuck under his head..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I am having a lightbulb moment! Dd2 loves bugs. Adores them. They are her "best friend bugs". She collects them and puts them in her bug catcher all the time. Dirt girl was just on talking about her best friend bugs!💡🐞🐜🐛

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    It is actually quite easy @M'LadyEm I make them all the time. The trick is to make the icing runny so you can dip the top of the cupcake in the icing then dip it in the coconut. Mmm now I want Lamington cupcakes! !
    Yeah that's what I was going to do. Now just to get off my bum and do it! I'm just going to use the same lamington recipe I use for proper lamingtons. But then I'm torn and would almost prefer to make proper lamingtons. They're just so much messier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I make the cupcake option because they're less messy for my kids to eat

Ok im totally making Lamington cupcakes tonight