Closed Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Mono... D'oh!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Queen of Amazingtown View Post
    I am sure this won't make sense to anyone, but... DS is addicted to the new crap wiggles Apples and Bananas DVD. Apart from always having Eeples and Baneenees in my head, every time I hear 'what's your favourite nursery rhyme?', in the verse part where he goes 'what's your favourite nursery rhyme? It might be the same as mine?' my brain always goes 'the ring came off my pudding can, take my penknife my good man!'

So there's that. *whispers* my brain is crazy.
    Story. Of. My. Life. I get verses of kids songs stuck in my head, on repeat, for days. I played a few A Little Mermaid songs for DS the other day and the first few verses of 'Part of that World' have been playing in my head ever since. I actually think I'd gotten rid of it and writing this comment has put it back!!! 'Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete...'

I read once it's actually really normal/a symptom of people who suffer from anxiety and depression, which probably rings true in my case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    @HollyGolightly81. That's so awesome! I've always wanted to wake up to something like that, I've never seen snow in my life.
    It didn't last long! Gone before noon . It's funny, I grew up in a place that regularly gets 20+ feet a year and there was a time I would turn my nose up at a couple centimeters but it's been sooooooo long! I wish it would keep snowing!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Scared. I've just ducked down to a local hairdressers to get a colour as I don't have enough time to go to my usual stylist. They've so far vaselined up my face and ears and asked me if I just want my regrowth coloured. I have a feeling I'm going to regret this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Scared. I've just ducked down to a local hairdressers to get a colour as I don't have enough time to go to my usual stylist. They've so far vaselined up my face and ears and asked me if I just want my regrowth coloured. I have a feeling I'm going to regret this.
    Don't stress about the vasoline that or sorbolene cream is so the colour stain your skin. Especially if its a dark colour...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    Don't stress about the vasoline that or sorbolene cream is so the colour stain your skin. Especially if its a dark colour...
    I understand that AMC14! All the years of doing all sorts of things to my hair has left me with fairly good knowledge of hairdressing techniques etc. I'm just calling this salon out for being a bit.... Dodgy. My stylist never puts that on me, just cleans me up after. Now I'm going to break out as my skin is sensitive.

As as for asking me if I'd only like my regrowth coloured? How ridiculous would that look?! Hmmm maybe I've been spoiled by having a wonderful stylist at a fantastic salon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Making Ferrero Rocher ice cream for my friends who are coming around for dinner tonight. Yum!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to New Hope For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I understand that AMC14! All the years of doing all sorts of things to my hair has left me with fairly good knowledge of hairdressing techniques etc. I'm just calling this salon out for being a bit.... Dodgy. My stylist never puts that on me, just cleans me up after. Now I'm going to break out as my skin is sensitive.

As as for asking me if I'd only like my regrowth coloured? How ridiculous would that look?! Hmmm maybe I've been spoiled by having a wonderful stylist at a fantastic salon!
    It is really hard to change stylists, when you are looked after so well by the usual stylist.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to New Hope For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Perhaps they thought you were having a re-touch..

Yep its hard to change stylists and yep there are dodgy stylists around which generally give us all a bad name..... in my experience I would say putting vasoline on a client may be a standard practise in that salon. however perhaps should have asked first.

hopefully everything goes ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    Perhaps they thought you were having a re-touch..

Yep its hard to change stylists and yep there are dodgy stylists around which generally give us all a bad name..... in my experience I would say putting vasoline on a client may be a standard practise in that salon. however perhaps should have asked first.

hopefully everything goes ok
    In my case it was obvious I was so far between colours that I had terrible grey roots and the rest was all wishy washy. I definitely need a full colour, there was no way in the world I needed just a touch up

I haven't even been able to check the finished product. I got a message from DP that he was sick so I just had them rinse me out and I pinned it up and came home. Feeding DS now so I have ZERO idea how it looks.