Closed Thread
Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Frustrated. And teary. Tearily frustrated?!
    I hope you got Centrelink stuff sorted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I asked him, of course he said yes. Any excuse to see the kids and he wants to come out to the pineapple farm up the road from us anyway. Win win for all!
    Yay for grandad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Yay for grandad!
    The man is a gem!! Dont know what I would do without him!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    The man is a gem!! Dont know what I would do without him!
    grandads are super good. just like supergranny!!!!.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

amyd  (23-01-2015),EverydayDreamer  (23-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (23-01-2015),SheWarrior  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I am so desperately trying my darnedest to keep the positivity today.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] RaryGirl View Post
    I hope you got Centrelink stuff sorted.
    Thanks but no. I was 6 days late in updating our details. I didn't realise there was a cutoff... So now I'm not quite sure what to do about the boys school supplies. I am beginning to feel hate and resentment towards their school, though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Thanks but no. I was 6 days late in updating our details. I didn't realise there was a cutoff... So now I'm not quite sure what to do about the boys school supplies. I am beginning to feel hate and resentment towards their school, though
    Centre link loan?
    Buy only what they need for day 1.

What do you need I have some extras I could post.

As for uniforms ask the school if you can pay them off. My school does that for me if I am super tight and someone needs something
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 23-01-2015 at 12:56.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (23-01-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Centre link loan?
    Buy only what they need for day 1.

What do you need I have some extras I could post.

As for uniforms ask the school if you can pay them off. My school does that for me if I am super tight and someone needs something
    Thanks.

They are ok for uniforms- everything still fits and is in good condition.

What the school does is at the end of every year they send all supplies home with the kids. Scissors, glue, textas, pencils, sharpeners, the lot.
    At the start of the next year, we have to go in on one specified day a pick up one box for every child. We get no say as to what we want or can supply ourselves- it is all this one box per child of brand new everything. Every child is expected to bring it all back in on the first day.
    The thing is, unless you have paid a substantial amount off your school fees, you aren't given your box.

This, to me, draws a very big line between the "haves" and "have nots" on the first day back. The teacher notes down I front of the whole class who does and doesn't have their box. Those without are forced to "borrow" from the teacher.

It's a disgusting system and I blame the prin solely. It's the exact type of thing she would do to try and make the indigenous families pay some school fees. And yes- it will solely be in place for the indigenous.

The fact that it effects me comes down to two factors. When I left work for maternity leave, I was supposed to just walk back into a job after dd turned 1. It hasn't happened- absolutely no jobs for me have been advertised. This was not in our plan. The second factor is df's boss is a lying scum who I only out to better his own future and not that of the many men working under him.

So, long huffy story short my frustration is that it is all out of my control. I simply cannot fix any of this at the moment.

I am loathe to take an advanced payment from centrelink because that will throw my balance off and the timing all out for when I can pay more off my bills. Sure, I get the money now, but when it's due to come in I will just need more. I would rather try and work out a system with the school and still walk away with those darn boxes than get an advance.

Hopefully the money from my savings gets transferred in time and I wont have to stress!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Thanks.

They are ok for uniforms- everything still fits and is in good condition.

What the school does is at the end of every year they send all supplies home with the kids. Scissors, glue, textas, pencils, sharpeners, the lot.
    At the start of the next year, we have to go in on one specified day a pick up one box for every child. We get no say as to what we want or can supply ourselves- it is all this one box per child of brand new everything. Every child is expected to bring it all back in on the first day.
    The thing is, unless you have paid a substantial amount off your school fees, you aren't given your box.

This, to me, draws a very big line between the "haves" and "have nots" on the first day back. The teacher notes down I front of the whole class who does and doesn't have their box. Those without are forced to "borrow" from the teacher.

It's a disgusting system and I blame the prin solely. It's the exact type of thing she would do to try and make the indigenous families pay some school fees. And yes- it will solely be in place for the indigenous.

The fact that it effects me comes down to two factors. When I left work for maternity leave, I was supposed to just walk back into a job after dd turned 1. It hasn't happened- absolutely no jobs for me have been advertised. This was not in our plan. The second factor is df's boss is a lying scum who I only out to better his own future and not that of the many men working under him.

So, long huffy story short my frustration is that it is all out of my control. I simply cannot fix any of this at the moment.

I am loathe to take an advanced payment from centrelink because that will throw my balance off and the timing all out for when I can pay more off my bills. Sure, I get the money now, but when it's due to come in I will just need more. I would rather try and work out a system with the school and still walk away with those darn boxes than get an advance.

Hopefully the money from my savings gets transferred in time and I wont have to stress!
    Omg that is disgusting behavior on the part of the school.
    I hope you can find away.
    Maybe ask if setting up a direct debit would be enough to get the boxes. Don't underestimate the power of a crying mum who they know normally does cry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The whole system annoyes me. That school kids bonus should be paid directly to the school the child is enrolled at and they supply everything...all parents need to do is ensure their child goes to school with a packed lunch.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (23-01-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (23-01-2015),SheWarrior  (23-01-2015),SuperGranny  (23-01-2015)