Closed Thread
Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    Wondering if I'm the only idiot who constantly tries to unlock the house with the car key remote thingie.
    Well I don't do that... But it's not uncommon to find me trying to open our electric gate using my garage remote. The gate is swipe access... Luckily our house is a fair distance from the gate so I don't have to worry about the neighbours getting a giggle from our garage door randomly going up and down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Moving 🙉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Feeling like a terrible terrible person and want nothing more than to curl up alone and cry
    I hope you're ok @lil miss x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Feeling like a terrible terrible person and want nothing more than to curl up alone and cry
    Mega hugs

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Well my thinking is this: we have a very small amount of money in the bank that is meant to be for a house deposit. As it currently stands, we maaaaay be able to get a house on shared property with my parents. So we may not need the deposit. Of course this automatically goes towards a wedding.
    Df has had a big fancy wedding before, he isn't so keen on doing it again.
    I just want to feel and look beautiful, and have some lovely photos and share the day with my family. I couldn't give a stuff about my friends- I'm sick of them organising things without me.
    Df and I also talk a lot about taking the kids to the GC and dreamworld etc.
    so, what I'm thinking is we could drive, an possibly mum and dad drive too with their caravan. Stop overnight on the way to qld and stay in caravan park. Stay 2 or 3 nights on GC and show the kids what it's like. Other family most welcome to join us- especially to go to theme parks etc. drive up to maybe Noosa and get married there. Mum and dad take kids home after 1 or 2 nights in their dual cab. (Seems like a great idea but maybe travelling with my kids would drive them nuts haha!) otherwise we all come home as a family again.
    So including the 4 days of travel (2 up, 2 down) it would be a 8-9 day trip...
    It would also give df and I a holiday even if its with the kids. If we married at home (and I still like it as an option) there would most likely be no honeymoon or holiday.
    We're starting to feel the same way about our friends. Honestly I'm over the effort!
    I think everything you have described sounds amazing and so much fun and special for YOUR family which is the most important thing.
    Family who love you and want to celebrate with you will move heaven and earth to be there.
    You should absolutely have the opportunity to get pampered on your wedding day regardless of the formality of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Tuesday15 View Post
    I hope you're ok @lil miss x
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Mega hugs
    Just feeling like a terrible person for feeling a certain way.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I am thinking...

This time five years ago I was on the precipice of turning 30. I was a newly wed. I had a permanent job that I loved. I was fit and healthy and happy. I thought I'd hit the jackpot and that was it - I'd found happiness.

Then 9 months later my old friend commit suicide and I grieved myself into depression and I never really bounced back since. And now it's the eve of my 35th birthday and the last five years have been so humbling. I never knew it was possible to go through such long periods of unhappiness. I never thought that even when you are totally in love and meet your soul mate that life can throw something at the two of you that you can't recover from.

So here I am, humbled, and wondering what the whole point of it has been, except that I'm still here, still fighting, breathing, laughing and loving. And I never ever take the good for granted any more.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

amyd  (19-01-2015),CakeyMumma  (19-01-2015),EverydayDreamer  (19-01-2015),grace  (19-01-2015),HearMeRoar  (19-01-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2015),MrsSS  (19-01-2015),New Hope  (19-01-2015),Sethysmum  (19-01-2015),SheWarrior  (19-01-2015),teenie  (20-01-2015),TheGooch  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just feeling like a terrible person for feeling a certain way.
    You can't help the way you feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Tuesday15 View Post
    You can't help the way you feel.
    I wish I could just flick a switch and turn it off. Its been 13 years and still as strong.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @tastychicken just saw your post from a week ago. I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing xx big hugs