Closed Thread
Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Pros don't have to cater for freeloaders ... only those who really are a big part of your lives will be there.

Pro ... Qld is awesome!!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

EverydayDreamer  (19-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (19-01-2015),Mamasupial  (19-01-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2015),Mod-Uniquey  (19-01-2015),SuperGranny  (19-01-2015),TheGooch  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Devastated. My iPod dock broke. I use it at least once a day. Looks like its back to head phones. *sob*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Doing a quick calculation of how much a very small holiday in qld and then a very small "family only, and even then they don't have to come if they don't want to" wedding would cost and so far I'm up to $5,500.
    ... That's roughly my budget for just having a larger wedding at home..
    Pros for qld:
    Take kids to qld
    Qld!
    Dreamworld
    What df wants

Cons:
    Long drive
    Not everyone we would like to be there may be able to
    Expensive
    I don't like beaches
    Organising details from afar
    Friends that have had destination weddings have also found that those that matter will always find a way to make it. So dont have a wedding to please others. Do it for you and your partner.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

EverydayDreamer  (19-01-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Queen of Amazingtown View Post
    I'm glad you're back @Fiery

Psst....it's me, harvs!
    Aha hello harvs.

??? Why all these name changes. I'm so confused. Cakeymumma and anewme, merryR??
    Did something happen I missed.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by siesmum View Post
    Friends that have had destination weddings have also found that those that matter will always find a way to make it. So dont have a wedding to please others. Do it for you and your partner.
    This is true. We would only invite family anyway. I'm sure my family would all try to come. Df's oldest sister would. His second sister would want to but probably not afford it. His parents would be 50:50. They're not exactly known for their fairness with their children and grandchildren, and clearly favour two siblings over the other. This is kind of a major worry.
    As would be trying to organise the wedding. I was looking at elopement packages but they will only do up to 10 guests max. Including kids we could have 20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Sad. I just sold my DS's swing because he has pretty much outgrown it and it's too big and bulky to keep around the house for the next bub. DS watched as we walked it out the door with a look on his face that said 'but mama, where are you taking my toy?'

His expression killed me and it also has marked a point that made me realise that my little baby isn't such a little baby anymore. 😢

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

EverydayDreamer  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am over applying for jobs. I have been looking for 6 months and have only had one interview. Some places have even said I have too much experience in the role. .... sometimes choosing to be a SAHM really sucks as no one thinks I have the ability to work now apparently I am incapable of doing anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    This is true. We would only invite family anyway. I'm sure my family would all try to come. Df's oldest sister would. His second sister would want to but probably not afford it. His parents would be 50:50. They're not exactly known for their fairness with their children and grandchildren, and clearly favour two siblings over the other. This is kind of a major worry.
    As would be trying to organise the wedding. I was looking at elopement packages but they will only do up to 10 guests max. Including kids we could have 20.

I say go for QLD - seriously if I could have a do over I would 100% have just run off with DH. The only time I have ever heard an elopement go wrong is the family and friends being a bit shirted about it - but you are telling your family so that is a moot point. you are paying so you are deciding on what you want. It is yours and your hubbies day.

Our parents put in almost as much as we did so had to accommodate them too and I was so strung out and anxious about all the people that I was overly emotional throughout my entire ceremony (crying) I didn't sleep a wink the night before and then I felt really ill at the reception and spent the night in our suite - by myself with nothing but the toilet bowl for company!

Trust your gut love and make it special for your little family, your other family will understand (or they should)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EverydayDreamer For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Over dh. Just completely over him.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Well my thinking is this: we have a very small amount of money in the bank that is meant to be for a house deposit. As it currently stands, we maaaaay be able to get a house on shared property with my parents. So we may not need the deposit. Of course this automatically goes towards a wedding.
    Df has had a big fancy wedding before, he isn't so keen on doing it again.
    I just want to feel and look beautiful, and have some lovely photos and share the day with my family. I couldn't give a stuff about my friends- I'm sick of them organising things without me.
    Df and I also talk a lot about taking the kids to the GC and dreamworld etc.
    so, what I'm thinking is we could drive, an possibly mum and dad drive too with their caravan. Stop overnight on the way to qld and stay in caravan park. Stay 2 or 3 nights on GC and show the kids what it's like. Other family most welcome to join us- especially to go to theme parks etc. drive up to maybe Noosa and get married there. Mum and dad take kids home after 1 or 2 nights in their dual cab. (Seems like a great idea but maybe travelling with my kids would drive them nuts haha!) otherwise we all come home as a family again.
    So including the 4 days of travel (2 up, 2 down) it would be a 8-9 day trip...
    It would also give df and I a holiday even if its with the kids. If we married at home (and I still like it as an option) there would most likely be no honeymoon or holiday.