+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Spin Off: Cooking machine (Thermie etc) dinners that have changed your life

I was going to ask in the other thread but thought I'd spin it off as the question is for those with any cooking machine, Thermomix, Bellini, Cooking Chef, etc. What dinners do you now cook that you either never used to bother with because they were too much work or never tried because they seemed too adventurous? Particularly whole meal type things, not sauces to go with meat and veg.

As I'll be working full time next year I'm looking at ways to make cooking dinner easier for DH. He's not an experienced cook but isn't inept. He often bites off more than he can chew, has no idea how to time things, starts too late and has to focus 100% so can't multitask to get things done for the kids at the same time. The end result of all of this is on his cooking nights we usually end up eating 2 hours later than normal and the kids then still need to have baths, chores etc done.

So I'm wondering if a machine will give him few no-work, no-brain meals and, more importantly, if they are the sorts of things that my family will actually eat. So, what are your favourites to throw the ingredients in and come back to a meal 20 minutes later?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My go to meal is mixing mince herbs etc then rolling into balls into the varoma. Quick bowl rinse then add onion garlic and random veg from fridge and blitz, add oil and cook for a few mins then add tins of tomatoes. Put varoma on and steam meatballs and veg whilst sauce cooks away and I clean up do bath.
    I need to use it more though so keen for ideas

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thermomix butter chicken and beef madras from the Skinnymixers website. No way would I have bothered before, esp butter chicken.
    Eggs benedict made with eggs sous vide and homemade hollandaise. Not something I'd have stuffed around with before!
    Homemade baked beans and huervos rancheros- not hard dishes the old fashioned way but very easy with a tmx.
    Breads, butters, dips and jams. Not full meals but yeah... Super easy now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fried rice, creamy chicken and brown rice soup.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make everything love beef stroganoff and making my own flour now. Also the quirky singapore noodles yummy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to superbuns For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Creamy Tomato & Salami Fettuccine!

Also, Apricot Chicken Risotto (make sure you use apricot nectar instead of the water and cook it longer) but any risotto really!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    Creamy Tomato & Salami Fettuccine!

Also, Apricot Chicken Risotto (make sure you use apricot nectar instead of the water and cook it longer) but any risotto really!
    Oh how could I forget that fettuccine! Have you tried it with chorizo? Mmmmmm

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Fried rice, paprika chicken, garlic prawns, honey mustard chicken....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Thermomix butter chicken and beef madras from the Skinnymixers website. No way would I have bothered before, esp butter chicken.
    Eggs benedict made with eggs sous vide and homemade hollandaise. Not something I'd have stuffed around with before!
    Homemade baked beans and huervos rancheros- not hard dishes the old fashioned way but very easy with a tmx.
    Breads, butters, dips and jams. Not full meals but yeah... Super easy now.
    All of these I would like to be able to make quickly and easily, I need to get me a tmx!