+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I must have spent $2k. Half of that was the pram and car seat.

All the furniture we got second hand. So many bargains on local gumtree!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For both girls probably 1.5-2k

bought second hand: pram, cot, change table and swing.

Bought new: highchair, glider, car seats x2 (my dad bought one for us) and baby capsule.

We bought a pram new and ended up needing another one as we planned our babies close together and the first wasn't compatible as a double.

I made all the decorations for the rooms and everything I didn't make I bought off gumtree or cheap shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    as little as we can. we wont be buying expensive brand names or things that aren't necessary...just the basics. Also happy with 2ndhand items, especially clothes. I would think we would spend about $1500 (inc car seat, pram, nursery items and clothes)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 we had everything given to us 2nd hand by family, except the pram which my grandad paid for (cheap one from Kmart).

Dd2 we spent maybe $200? Already had the big items like cot, pram and car seat so just bought clothes, playmat and swing and littlw bits like that.

Dd3 we started from scratch. Cot and change table were around $450, nursery set was $80 (2nd hand but new condition), pram was $400, capsule (went with pram as well) was around $200? clothes etc around $200. We went a little overboard because it was the first time we could actually afford to buy new stuff and set it all up properly. Plus the bassinet was $150, and swing was $200.

Dd4 we only really bought the cot and change table for $180 2nd hand, nursery set was $80 on sale, car seat was $120. Got all her clothes 2nd hand for $20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Few months old, but interesting topic.

For DD we spent almost spot on $1000. That included cot, change table, full time modern cloth nappies, pram, capsule, clothes, baby bath, Ergo, bassinet, bedding, nursery decor, breastfeeding pillow, breast pump...everything really. A couple of things were given to us, the rest we made a list of the specific things we wanted and kept an eye out for really good prices. Eg. brand new Medela Swing breast pump for $50, genuine Ergo + insert for $60, giveaway change table, $30 for a really good swing etc.

This time we've spent $400 on a pram and skateboard attachment. I've also probably spent $100 on adorable, but unnecessary, clothes. I think that's about it...although we could really do with a new mat for the change table as the old one's falling apart. All our purchases so far are luxuries - we don't NEED them at all - but this is our version of extravagant baby-spending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our budget - first baby - is probably going to run to $2k max made up as follows everything new:
    Cot $100 clearance at target
    Cot mattress $100
    Change table $85 ebay
    Change pad $35
    Clothes - everything we need in 000, 00 and 0 sizes $200 all on sale online target, bonds and online kids outlet store
    Car seat $250 on sale baby bunting
    Cot bedding $50 2 sets
    Storage baskets $50
    Pram $530
    Wraps, blankets, sterilizer, bottles all given to me by a friend yay
    Still to buy breast pump, bathing aids, feeding chair and bits and pieces eg nappies, wipes, baby medical stuff.
    It all adds up. And we could have gone cheaper by getting second hand but decided new for the first and recycle as we go. I try and get bargains on sale and our general rule on most things in life is not to go for the most expensive or cheapest but a good deal in the middle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First baby.
    Ob fees 2000
    Cot, change table, mattress and pram were gifts from family.
    Odd stuff about $400
    Car seat $400
    Flannel and towelling for cloth nappies $30 plus $30 for pilchers.

Second baby
    OB fees 2000
    Capsule $250 plus 100 for whatever accessories.
    Ergo 190
    MCN $200 for 24 shells and 40 inserts.
    Breast pump $100

Third baby
    OB fees 2200
    Car seats for older kids $300

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $2600 ob fee

$9000 in unnecessary baby items I put on lay by at baby store 😳

Then preg with second baby needed diff pram second cot second car seat public for second baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spent 3 or 4k as I bought capsule then car seat, just under $1k pram, furniture and medela pump... ect

I kept most of it ready for if I have more babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My budget is about $100- $200, my youngest is 22months so still have the cor, and the cradle, wraps and blankets, i just want to buy a woven wrap for babywearing and a few gender specific outfits and bedding once bubs arrives. I'll also sew or crochet a bit too.
    Babies don't want for much