Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's the skirt I made dd. I follow a blog called sew can she and this is one of her free patterns from 12 months to 8 (I think). ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1428805824.782483.jpg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

PipersMummy  (13-04-2015),TaylorMade  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just made this cute little skirt for DD. Leftover material and ribbon. Thinking of getting a white or pink shirt and cutting out a cupcake from leftover material and sewing it on with a ribbon or flower or something.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tamtam; 12-04-2015 at 14:20.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

almai  (17-04-2015),Green Cheese  (12-04-2015),MadeWithLove  (12-04-2015),TaylorMade  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Finally finished the double trolley liner for dd & ds but will have to wait until we head to the shop next for a pic. Hopefully it fits the trolley!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (12-04-2015),Mamasupial  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK so I am a complete novice at sewing but I really want to give it a go.

My Mum had an accident a few years ago so she can no longer use her beloved machines much anymore so she is giving me her sewing machine and overlocker as well as teaching me how to use them.

I'll be going home in a few weeks so I will post my creations then. Just don't expect much LOL..

I think I'll start with some bibs and possibly a head wrap. My dream creation is the Cape that was posted back.

In the mean time I am loving this thread - so many gorgeous things.

Wish me luck!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wissa For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (12-04-2015),MadeWithLove  (12-04-2015),Mamasupial  (12-04-2015),PipersMummy  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wissa View Post
    OK so I am a complete novice at sewing but I really want to give it a go.

My Mum had an accident a few years ago so she can no longer use her beloved machines much anymore so she is giving me her sewing machine and overlocker as well as teaching me how to use them.

I'll be going home in a few weeks so I will post my creations then. Just don't expect much LOL..

I think I'll start with some bibs and possibly a head wrap. My dream creation is the Cape that was posted back.

In the mean time I am loving this thread - so many gorgeous things.

Wish me luck!
    Shame your mum can't sew but so lovely of her to pass it forward. I learnt from my mum and have started teaching my ds too.

Just have fun!! Once you get the feel for it and can sew a straight line - anything is achievable. It's really not as hard as ppl think just takes a little practise and trial and error
    Head wraps are a great place to start. Best way I got told was the cut width of the fabric for the length and 7inches for width. Fold in half to make a giant rectangle sew all the way round leaving about 3inches to turn it inside the right way. Then topstitch and fold inside the rest to finish that open portion. You can also sew the ends in a little curve or angle to make the tied ends look cute.

The cape you want to try, was it this one?ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1428822783.091632.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    Shame your mum can't sew but so lovely of her to pass it forward. I learnt from my mum and have started teaching my ds too.

Just have fun!! Once you get the feel for it and can sew a straight line - anything is achievable. It's really not as hard as ppl think just takes a little practise and trial and error
    Head wraps are a great place to start. Best way I got told was the cut width of the fabric for the length and 7inches for width. Fold in half to make a giant rectangle sew all the way round leaving about 3inches to turn it inside the right way. Then topstitch and fold inside the rest to finish that open portion. You can also sew the ends in a little curve or angle to make the tied ends look cute.

The cape you want to try, was it this one?Attachment 69232
    Yes, MadeWithLove, that cape you made is amazing. That is what I would love to make.

I've wanted to learn for ages but I've never had anything I wanted to make before DD came along.

Thank you so much for the tips on the wraps!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wissa For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wissa View Post
    Yes, MadeWithLove, that cape you made is amazing. That is what I would love to make.

I've wanted to learn for ages but I've never had anything I wanted to make before DD came along.

Thank you so much for the tips on the wraps!!
    Thank you! And your so welcome. It's actually a really simple pattern and quite forgiving since when you turn it all in the right way you can't see any mismatched edges etc.
    Definitely give it a go! Even if you muck it up, the fleece and cotton is quite cheap so you won't waste much money if you need to have another try.
    I used a metre of each fabric but since dd is quite little, I had heaps left over.
    Pattern link;
    http://www.simplesimonandco.com/2011...rey-cape.html/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

Wissa  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone made a pram liner? If so any tips or hints?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    Has anyone made a pram liner? If so any tips or hints?
    I have

I bought a secondhand bugaboo cameleon with an old sun faded canopy & liner so that I could make new ones. I've made the liner but the canopy is still in progress.

Because I didn't want the old liner I picked it apart then traced around it as a pattern (which I think is ideal if you can find an old secondhand one for cheap or free) but I've heard of a lot of people putting butchers paper over their pram seat & tracing it, then making the pattern from that.
    There are also patterns for universal liners on etsy.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1428918357.804469.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1428918412.966921.jpg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

almai  (17-04-2015)