+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At 2 years 4 months I'd wait. My issue is my dd is 3 years 4 months and doing the same! Refusing to sit on the toilet or potty. Sometimes rewards work, but most of the time they don't. At the start of Jan we had great success with her using the toilet a lot, but for the last 4 or 5 days she's used the toilet successfully once. Today she's wet on the floor 4+ times. She starts 3yo kinder in 3 weeks for 3 6 hour days a week. Starting to feel a little stressed about it after todays disaster.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

Skepper  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update: I got the Ready To Go Toilet Time for Girls kit from booktopia (they had a free postage deal so was only $10.95). We read the book a few time and I pointed out the reward chart in the pictures and showed her that she has the same one and said when she was ready we could put it next to the toilet just like the girl in the book. DD was quite happy with this idea so after a few days of reading the book we put up her reward chart first thing in the morning and she quite happily sat on the toilet and did a wee so we got the stickers out. She wanted nappies after that so I allowed it and said if you feel a wee coming we can go on the toilet if you want to.

So far we've had about a week of only doing a wee on the toilet first thing in the morning as she wakes up with dry nappies usually anyway. Then she hasn't been interested for the rest of they day, then she decided to have either knickers or bare bum for the first part of the morning and we'd have 2 or 3 wees on the toilet or potty.

Today we have had knickers on in the morning before we went out and then again from the time we got home, she has successfully used the toilet/potty all day today while in knickers, it has probably only been 2 weeks since we got the book but I have definitely found that to be useful in getting her motivated to use the toilet herself

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skepper For This Useful Post:

Cue  (30-01-2015),SuperGranny  (30-01-2015),WiseOldOwl  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP - we are saving the same issue right now. Just wondered how you ended up going with the toilet training?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're at that stage right now with DD (2y2m). She just doesn't want to use the potty and will get quite frantic about having a nappy out back on if she feels something coming. I've just decided to leave it as it is for now and wait a few months for her to come round to the idea. We always have the potty out so she can try it when she's ready to have a go.