+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've used Tiny Me sticky Vinyl labels and have no complaints at all. Durable, bright and lots of funky designs.

As for labelling clothes, I'm a bit old-fashioned and in my experience, nothing beats the sew on labels. I ordered 50 labels with just our surname. Uniforms can passed down between the boys without having to relabel or I can unpick the labels and sell. I ordered these online. PM me if you're interested and I'll dig out the name of the company.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TimTamsandTea For This Useful Post:

wktz  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've bought a pack from stuck on you.

5yrs later the labels are still stuck. I have school shorts and shirts from 2yrs ago that still are going strong. Washed ironed and worn almost every other day to school.

The shoe dots are great too. I have thrown out a lot of old worn out shoes still with the label perfectly in tact.

It was a bit pricey but the multi pack we got of stick on, iron on and shoe dots etc lasted years since you really only need them for uniforms etc. Unlike day care where you have to label just about everything they own.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

wktz  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love Tiny Me labels!!! No issues at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ81 For This Useful Post:

wktz  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTamsandTea View Post
    I've used Tiny Me sticky Vinyl labels and have no complaints at all. Durable, bright and lots of funky designs.

As for labelling clothes, I'm a bit old-fashioned and in my experience, nothing beats the sew on labels. I ordered 50 labels with just our surname. Uniforms can passed down between the boys without having to relabel or I can unpick the labels and sell. I ordered these online. PM me if you're interested and I'll dig out the name of the company.
    Hmm that's a great idea - I bought iron ones with DS's name and have a bucket load left - I wonder if I could cut his first name off and just use the surname for DD's uniforms.

I've always used identikids and have found them to be great but they are pricey unfortunately.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

wktz  (10-01-2015)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just saw on facey an advert that hippoblue have 50% off atm

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

wktz  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTamsandTea View Post
    I do agree that this is a great way of doing it, but I'm afraid I don't have the time or patience to sew labels onto all the school gear . My mum did this years ago on my daughters school socks though and it was awesome......left to my own devices last year however I'm afraid I just grabbed a laundry marker and wrote their names across the toes

Gosh there are tons around now aren't there! When I first bought labels about 7 years ago there were hardly any options

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought stuck on you labels 3 years ago. Most came off in the dishwasher.
    I find a permanent marker works well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got hippo blue last year, postage time was appalling but the iron ons have lasted longer than my dymo labels. We rarely use our dishwasher so can't comment there. One shoe label came off.

This year I've gone bright star kids tiny labels in bulk. Good price and fast postage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Mmumm; 11-01-2015 at 12:05.