+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Night time Nappies for 3 year old

Hi everyone! I am after suggestions on night time nappies.. I feel we have tried every brand under the sun for my 18kg, 3 year old son and they seem to leak nearly every night. I'm over washing his sheets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use huggies nappy pants for my 3yr old. He is only 14.5kg but they rarely leak. Also have Brolly sheets to save constant bed changes.

You probably do this but if you are toilet training make sure he goes to the toilet/potty last thing before bed.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 10-01-2015 at 07:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check out Brolly Sheets (that's the brand name) or Kylie Sheets on line. They won't help with the nappy leaks, but they might help you with the amount of washing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brolly sheets are great. I have 2. If DD leaks, which has only happened once then I just take it off and replace.

This might sound obvious but there are nappy pants and training pants. The difference being nappy pants are just nappies the kid steps into so should be just as absorbent as a regular nappy. The training pants don't absorb as much. I found it could hold one accident but anything more and it leaked.

If he isn't getting up to go to the toilet maybe do nappy pants. Huggies and baby love both worked for me.

However, if he isn't ready to go to the toilet at night keep him in regular nappies at night and try again next month. There is too much emphasis on toilet traing. All kids will train at different rates. My DD was trained during the day before 2.5yrs old but at night it is a different kettle of fish so she was 3.5, maybe older before I could safely say she is trained at night.

Jump onto the Huggies website got good tips, too :-) good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same problem with my 3 year old dd, also 18kg. I was getting up half way through the night to change her nappy to avoid changing the sheets everyday. Then we switched to huggies dry nights and haven't had a leak since. You could also try putting a larger sized pair of underwear over the top as extra protection. We were doing this at first but have since found that the dry nights are enough. My dd drinks so much water in the afternoon/evening so her dry night nappy is so heavy in the morning but we are yet to have a leak with one. Hth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I use huggies nappy pants for my 3yr old. He is only 14.5kg but they rarely leak. Also have Brolly sheets to save constant bed changes.

You probably do this but if you are toilet training make sure he goes to the toilet/potty last thing before bed.
    I use Huggies Nappy Pants too. Rarely leaks.